Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
167 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 167

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1950 super 8 convertible door locks
Home away from home
Home away from home

jsa03781
See User information
So I have been looking around for 1950 super 8 door rotating lock for the passenger side. I've seen them on eBay and the prices are all over. Are they different sizes? Thanks for any advice.

Posted on: 2018/8/9 19:48
1948 Custom Eight
1950 Super Eight Convertible
 Top  Print   

Re: 1950 super 8 convertible door locks
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
jsa03781,
Not your answer, but instead it's for including your '50 Super Deluxe Eight Victoria Convertible Coupe in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2018/8/9 20:35
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There are several different lock assy's listed for 22 and 23 series cars. Convertibles had their own not shared with any other model.

Not sure what all the differences might be between latches for sedans and two doors but I believe finish and location of the rod attachment for the inside lock button mechanism is the difference for those listed for convertibles. Custom latches were probably chromed and lesser models had a plain finish. I believe convertible lock buttons were located on the door panel rather than extending thru the window garnish molding as on other models.

The 22 & 2379 Super convertibles would need a 399062 assy for the right side latch. I expect the 399088 for a 22 or 2359 would work but I would almost bet the finish is different (chromed?) on it so wouldn't match the existing left side on your car.

Posted on: 2018/8/9 21:50
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Chirco
See User information
Hi I have the lock that you're looking for brand new. message me we can talk about it

Posted on: 2018/8/9 22:18
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidPackard
See User information
Jsa03781

I've checked the parts catalog, and as long as you stay within the convertible/sedan model type the 22nd and 23rd series latches appear to be interchangeable. As for cost, I agree the price is quite variable.

Please search the forum for the tread title "1948 door latch". You should find a five page forum that ends with my post on the inner workings of the Packard door latches. I've determined that the sedan and convertible latches are nearly identical save the interior lock rod, and the linkage between the outer handle and the latch itself. The rest of the latch is identical and the housing has been stamped with all of the holes necessary to accommodate either latch. The attached file on the referenced post contains a side by side comparison of the sedan and convertible latch. Where are also close-up photos of the various details within the latch.

A few posts above the bottom is another post with an attachment that details a common 'fix' for these latches. IMHO when you have the door apart swapping latches you should consider the modifications that are detailed in this attachment.

dp

Posted on: 2018/8/10 10:25
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Please search the forum for the tread title "1948 door latch"

This one.

Posted on: 2018/8/10 15:02
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved