Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
105 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 101

Jimmyk, dallas, William Grosz, Todd W. White, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

40 convertible parts wanted
Home away from home
Home away from home

SteveP516
See User information
Hey guys,
I recently acquired a 40 convertible coupe and I am the process of searching for some parts to complete the car.
I'm looking for the following:
* NOS carb
* correct hose clamps
* glass for clock
* a source for the rubber sill mats

I'm sure there will be others but thats all for now.
Thanks for any help.
Steve P

Posted on: 2009/5/17 21:05
 Top  Print   

Re: 40 convertible parts wanted
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Clamps and lots of other things you will likely need can probably be found at restoration specialtieshttp://www.restorationspecialties.com/ or restoration supplyhttp://www.restorationstuff.com/

Here is a couple of pages of examples on another forum thread:https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=27964#forumpost27964

Other will surely help on the other items.

Posted on: 2009/5/17 21:49
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
An NOS Carb is a tall order, not impossible, but real scarce. I bought and sold a new EE-16 this spring, and the last new EE-16 I had was at least 5 years ago, also sold in a heartbeat. There are several rebuilders who can do a show quality restoration, so unless you get very lucky, I suggest following that route.

There is only one source to have your runningboards restored, Hunley Acuff in Georgia. Not cheap, but quality never is. Hunley Acuff Running Boards 1423 Wilson Rd
Rossville, GA 30741 706-866-4875

I believe the clock glass is available reproduction from a company in California, also sells on ebay under name arebareb .

Feel free to contact me directly flackmaster@sbcglobal.net I buy and sell parts to support my restoration efforts...

Posted on: 2009/5/17 22:55
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
stevep516 wrote:......I recently acquired a 40 convertible coupe.......

G'day Steve,
to PackardInfo. And could you please include your '40 convertible coupe in the Owner Registry together with a pic, any known history and how you acquired it?

EDIT - Kev, if Steve agrees, could you move this thread to the Pre-War Forum?

Posted on: 2009/5/18 3:18
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

SteveP516
See User information
Thanks Guys for the feedback.
I didn't tell the whole story.......... My Dad and I drove to La. outside of New Orleans over Labor Day weekend in 1984 to pick up a beautiful 110 convertible coupe. Last month, my Dad called me and asked if I wanted the Packard. He knew I loved the car since he had bought it. I was floored. He said "you're gonna get one day so you may as well enjoy it now".
Well I've got it and look forward to driving it. As far as the wrong forum........sorry, I still get excited and must have been delusional.

Thanks again,
Steve P

Posted on: 2009/5/18 8:00
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Not sure why I was thinking 120, but the 110 carb is obviously different. Stromberg BXOV-26. Still tough to find new, but you never know...

Posted on: 2009/5/18 10:26
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved