Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
217 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 216

humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

'55 Packards..a few more pics
Just popping in
Just popping in

PackardWillys
See User information
Sorry about the duplicate photos on last post.
Here is another photo of the blue Packard and a rear photo of coral car.
Question: Was the rear wiper a dealer option? It is vacuum drive and looks professionally installed.

After trying countless cleaning products I found that OxyClean actually removes stain and soil from seats and doors.

Question: How big of a job is it to remove front fenders? Any cutting involved?

Thanks, Eric

Attach file:

jpg  (145.38 KB)
1818_4ab98973f0c46.jpg 1080X810 px

jpg  (151.95 KB)
1818_4ab989b5b571e.jpg 1080X810 px

Posted on: 2009/9/22 21:38
 Top  Print   

Re: '55 Packards..a few more pics
Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
No cutting involved to remove the fenders, and I'd really like to have the tag on the blue one!

Posted on: 2009/9/22 21:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
I'm interested in the shape and mounting of the Fog Lights. Can u post a SIDE view pic and a pic of the mounting. Any numbers or nomenclature tags on the fog lites????
Thanks for the oxy clean tip. i'll try it.

Posted on: 2009/9/22 21:47
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Rear wiper was an accessory in earlier years but doesn't rate a mention in the 55 accessories catalog--just the rear window defroster. Because an option wasn't listed for a particular year doesn't mean a dealer wouldn't install if it was wanted and would fit.

As Eric said, no cutting involved but would suggest you use penetrating oil liberally on the screws at bottom rear edge where it attaches to body. A day or so to soak before removal attempt would be good.

EDIT: This pict of rear wiper from 51 acc catalog.

Attach file:

jpg  (43.07 KB)
209_4ab98cf5b98a7.jpg 599X441 px

Posted on: 2009/9/22 21:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
I am very curious about the rear window wiper. Was that even an option? I have never even heard of one that far back.

Posted on: 2009/9/22 21:51
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The rear wiper is listed in the 51-54 Accessories list. As the 55/56s are basically the same general body shell, I don't see why the accessory wouldn't work. Now was it officially offered on the 55/56s, that I do not know.

If you search Fender Removal on the forum, there is a pretty good step by step on removing a fender on a 51-54. The 55/56 should be almost the same.

Posted on: 2009/9/22 23:36
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Predictor
See User information
Never knew of the rear wiper option...am guessing that it must be quite rare. Worthless tidbit...reverse lights (at least the lenses) are the same for many year Checker cabs (as long as they're the ones mounted below the trunk lid, not below the taillight).

Hey Eric, I may be up near you this Sunday for the Oyster run, do you know of any other V8 Packards in the area?

Posted on: 2009/9/23 0:38
Who has my future '56 Patrician? Please let me know!
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
AL wrote: I am very curious about the rear window wiper. Was that even an option? I have never even heard of one that far back.

The rear window wiper was mentioned in Post #12 on this thread -https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2399 - See that guy was in Washington, could be the same car?

Quote:
Clyde wrote:......It even has a windshield wiper on the back windshield. Was the trim chrome or stainless steel on this model? This must have been a beautiful car in its day.

Posted on: 2009/9/23 1:39
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

PackardWillys
See User information
Just looked over earlier posts. This is the same car that Clyde from Graham, WA had looked at. Owner said that he had obtained it at Lemay auction in Tacoma. Price had been reduced. There had been some body work done to areas above rear tailights (new metal) so a restoration was started. A shame the inside and floors didn't hold up as well as exterior. No sure about engine...that will be deciding factor in where I head with this project. I suspect that I may have a pink and blue Packard some day.
Both cars have about 70,000 miles on odometer. Gauges and switches all seem to work.

Posted on: 2009/9/23 9:14
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved