Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
66 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 65

Ken_P, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Title Error Correction
Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary
See User information
Success at last! Well it took a lot of effort and patience but it paid off and after review of my supporting documents, the Florida DMV has agreed to correct the Year of Manufacture on my title from 1952 to 1953! Ironically, I also received an email from the Deputy Director of the South Carolina DMV who, after performing her own research, agreed that my Packard was a '53 and not a '52 and offered to correct the title as well! Now all I need to do is obtain insurance, have the odometer affidavit verified and finally, make an appointment with hip pocket national bank to obatin tax, tag and title funding.

Posted on: 2011/9/29 8:34
 Top  Print   

Re: Title Error Correction
Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
This way to find the thread of the initial story.

Posted on: 2011/9/29 8:44
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary
See User information
Thanks Guscha! guess I didn't think anyone would be interested in old news.

Posted on: 2011/9/29 9:17
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Nice to know that at least one State had a DMV that is willing to look at facts and correct errors. Congratulations for taking the time and effort to "get it right".

Posted on: 2011/9/29 9:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary
See User information
Quote:

Owen_Dyneto wrote:
Nice to know that at least one State had a DMV that is willing to look at facts and correct errors. Congratulations for taking the time and effort to "get it right".

Well I don't think they would have Owen but I was able to speak with one of our County Judges about it and told him that the DMV had advised me to seek a "Declaratory Judgment" and that a judge would have to request a new title for the car. I don't think the judge liked that idea and took a walk over to the DMV...lucky for me it was in the same complex but I did have some convincing doumentation thanks to information kept here on the website. The hardest part was simply getting to the right person who could do something about it but I was pretty determined that there was no way I was going to be displaying a '52 tag on my '53 Clipper.

Posted on: 2011/9/29 12:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike
See User information
Good job! In ohio you'd have to have an order signed by the president and the foreman of the shift of the day your car was made come in with you to the BMV to correct anything like that.

And if the car was out of state.....

Posted on: 2011/9/29 13:28
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Gator -

Glad to hear that your due diligence, patience, and supporting documentation paid off.

Nice to know (from news in your post in the other thread)that the FL DMV was able to validate your facts.

Of course, that the judge was able to put a little spin on things without adding to the red tape was an added bonus.

Posted on: 2011/9/29 14:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stephen Houseknecht
See User information
NYS DMV was very nice to work with when getting new title to the Derham. The original had been lost somewhere between 1980and last year. No problems whatsoever.

The car had originally been registered under the engine SN. I had it changed to what I consider the "VIN" 2652-xxxxx on the driver side door jamb Packard build plate.

Posted on: 2011/9/29 14:55
Stephen
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gary
See User information
guys for your support. The fact that you can't really speak to anyone in person until you obtain an act of congress doesn't help matters but having the proof right at your fingertips does! Its hard for anyone to deny facts when you can provide copies of actual documentation and email it to that person you never actually speak to!

Posted on: 2011/10/2 14:47
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved