Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
183 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 181

Todd W. White, acolds, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 11 12 13 (14) 15 16 17 ... 20 »

Re: GearRat's '52
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
Just awesome dude!

Posted on: 2014/1/30 20:07
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

James Russell Packard III
See User information
i have a question you guys. Nice super 200 Deluxe by the way . the question is :

my 200 deluxe looks like his/gearrat's

without the fins on the back.
but this one

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=201026599631&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:3160

has the full flying pelican and packard letters on the front / also says Ultramantic on the side.

mine does not. has three scallops.

Was this an Option ( the flying Pelican and Packard letters and Ultamatic script?

the blue one is mine ( see attachment )

the other is the ebay one

Attach file:

jpg  (37.06 KB)
1374_52eaffeeaf8d6.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (124.95 KB)
1374_52eb0010bfd50.jpg 1280X822 px

Posted on: 2014/1/30 20:44
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
also mine has 'Teeth"

Posted on: 2014/1/30 20:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Hans Ahlness
See User information
I don't see anywhere where the '51 says "Ultramatic" on the side?

Yours is a '52, that's why it doesn't have the letters on the hood. Only had those in '51.

Posted on: 2014/1/30 22:32
1952 Model 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
HA's 52 Grey Ghost

"The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
on the passenger side of the ebay car ( went for 1600$ ) it says Ultramatic..if you look way back to the left with a magnifying glass on the back fender of the Yellow 51' says Ultramatic ( in script )

thanks for the reply.

Attach file:

jpg  (87.67 KB)
1374_52ec2e9d6fd1f.jpg 1280X688 px

Posted on: 2014/1/31 18:11
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The Pelican (later referred to by other names) ornament was an option on the lower end cars. Standard ornament was various pieces of more streamlined chrome forms. The upswept wing was a somewhat classic Packard hood ornament used in various forms thru 51 but had the wings lowered in 52. I believe the vertical wings might have still been available for awhile after the new design. I know some later cars have the vertical wings -- either added or maybe original -- as it was classic Packard.

The fender scallops or louvers were standard on some models but also available from the dealer. They were an easy dress up item so many found their way to models not normally equipped and in numbers per side that Packard might not have approved. The style changed in 52 from 51's pot metal rounded front to a stamped more pointed shape.

The long chrome "fin" above the tail lights was also an option on lower end models. The Deluxe had some of the trim item used on senior cars such as the grill teeth and more chrome inside but was still a lower end model so could have been optioned upscale by an owner.

Packard was proud of the Ultramatic transmission and did advertise it on the early cars. According to the parts manual the Ultramatic script was only used on 51's. Don't remember what was on 23rd Ultras but think there was a different look and maybe was on the trunk lid.

Posted on: 2014/1/31 22:56
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Don't remember what was on 23rd Ultras but think there was a different look and maybe was on the trunk lid.

Can't speak for all the 23rd series but on the Custom 8 where Ultramatic was standard equipment there was an "Ultramatic" script on the trunk lid.

Posted on: 2014/1/31 23:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
FWIW, the hood ornament on the yellow Packard is aftermarket (J.C. Whitney, I think).

Attach file:

jpg  (23.91 KB)
188_52ed2cac0e3d1.jpg 375X258 px

Posted on: 2014/2/1 12:13
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
Hey Guys!

Remember the "sparking" I had mentioned on my trip to a car show? Well it looks like I may have found the problem. I took the passenger side rear drum off to check everything out and make sure one of the linings hadn't come off, or something else that may have gone awry. Everything checked out fine, until I went to put the drum back on. At first the drum wasn't sliding over the shoes, so I backed them off. They are now backed all the way off and the drum still won't slide over (the parking brake is released). Before I took the drum off I was able to turn it with a large pry bar, so it's not like it was stuck. What do I do? Do I need to get underneath and adjust the parking brake?

-Garrett

Posted on: 2014/2/4 15:37
Garrett

1952 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan

" If you don't go when you want to go, when you do go, you'll find you've gone"- Burt Munro
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Garrett, I would do as you ask, back off the parking brake adjustment. Make sure the mechanism is free and is fully releasing. Something is causing that brake to bind. The drum should be able to be turned easily, by hand. After you solve the binding brake problem I would remove the drum from the other side and make sure everything in there is in good condition. You could have a frozen wheel cylinder.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2014/2/5 12:53
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 11 12 13 (14) 15 16 17 ... 20 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved