Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
202 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 202

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Kepich Exhaust Systems
Just popping in
Just popping in

TimSD
See User information
John Kepich Exhaust Company, which advertises heavily in our magazines, tells customers that they make systems using original auto patterns. In my case, John Kepich sold me a complete system for a Packard. Not one key part he sold (exhaust pipe, tail pipe and muffler) was correct or fit the car, contrary to his specific statements to the contrary. According to other parts suppliers I have now spoken too, I am not alone. Every single key part Kepich sold me had to be either completely re-bent, welded, or replaced to fit the car. When I contacted Kepich to seek a refund, or an explanation, he did not respond. You would be better off taking your car to a talented, patient local muffler shop for a quality replacement. To avoid this time consuming and expensive nonsense, my suggestion is don't waste time and money on John Kepich's exhaust systems. Thank you. ​

Posted on: 2015/1/27 23:22
 Top  Print   

Re: Ebay exhaust systems
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Jimmy Scichilone
See User information
I too had a serious problem with Kepich, and would never use them again. Ordered a complete system for my Hudson, and not one part was correct. They did take the system back and supply the correct one, but it took weeks for the parts to arrive and the problem corrected. I felt the way they handled the problem was very unprofessional...and therefore never used them again, and never will. I also might add for all the trouble their wrong system caused, I never even got an apology for their mistake. There are a lot of other exhaust vendors out there to spend your hard earned money on.....

Posted on: 2015/1/28 7:24
De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum...Speak Only Good Of The Dead.....
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

64avanti
See User information

Posted on: 2015/1/28 8:34
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I had problems many years ago with a Kepich system and they refused to address the problems so I have never used them again. Friends have since purchased systems for 50s Packards, Lincolns, etc., all of which required welding, bending, and other modifications to make them fit properly. Fortunately there are other vendors for exhaust systems that fit properly and if minor problems are encountered, they are willing to work with you towards a resolution which is more than Kepich was willing to do with me.

Posted on: 2015/1/28 9:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
I had trouble with two Kepich exhaust systems. At the time I was doing 1941 I also decided to re-do the exhaust on my 1968 AMX.

Both had to be reworked extensively to fit. Calculating all the time and trouble it was not worth it. I had to wonder how they have stayed in business so long. Maybe it is because they advertise so heavily and are tone deaf to complaints.

Posted on: 2015/1/28 9:18
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I'm wondering if there is a decent exhaust vendor.

This same question came up a year or so ago. At that time Klasscollections in NC (Kepich, I believe) got the nod over Classic Car exhaust (the other ebay vendor from Ohio) because people had a lot of trouble with fit on their items.. I notice Klass has almost stopped their ebay offerings while Classic is still prominent.

Posted on: 2015/1/28 9:52
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
You might consider Waldron Exhaust, good experiences with them though I've only bought component parts from them and not a complete repro system. I also have friends that have bought repro systems for Packards from Kanter with no issues.

Posted on: 2015/1/28 10:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Troy Taylor
See User information
I bought my two Patrician systems from Waldron, Good prices, Good Qulity, and they are just down the road a short drive so I can pick up.

Posted on: 2015/1/28 10:33
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

DavidM
See User information
Bought an exhaust system from Kepich a few years ago for a 1930 740 Packard - total waste of money required drastic modification to make it fit and the muffler was partially blocked with machining "swarf".
Would have been better and cheaper to have had it all custom made locally.
David

Posted on: 2015/1/28 20:09
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don 37
See User information
I bought a Waldron stainless steel kit for my 1937 138CD. It fit with no problems. Being kinda of an oddball model I was impressed that it fit so well.

Posted on: 2015/1/28 20:41
1936 and 1937 120's Are what we like best. But we also like all other Packards too.

Don 37'
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved