Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
266 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 265

acolds, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 134 135 136 (137) 138 139 140 ... 259 »

Re: BigKev's 1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Sedan
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
So based on all of this, it sounds like 55 was the first year for "carpets under sills".

Thanks Ross for the follow up.

Posted on: 2011/9/29 11:05
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
One more swift kick to this dying horse. Having just gone through the interior of my 55 Clipper Super Sedan, I observed that the carpet material is thinner than what was generally in use, then and now (except for some GM makes around that time). The rear carpet is held in place by being under the rear seat cushion and door sill plates. The front carpet is held by the sill plates and grommets for the dimmer switch, brake pedal, clutch pedal (where equipped), and accelerator pedal hinge. The carpet is notched to fit around the front seat mounting brackets. The carpets and their padding are not glued to the floor boards. I cannot comment on the senior cars. Obviously, the 54 Clippers are different.

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2011/9/29 15:38
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Stephen Houseknecht
See User information
My 2652 Derham has an almost perfect right side. Wilton carpet, bound edges and stops at the aluminum door sill front and rear. The left side carpeting is buggered from moisture. Didn't take a flash (torch for Mal) with me to look under the front or rear seats. Will do if anyone is interested.

Posted on: 2011/9/29 16:29
Stephen
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Stephen wrote:.....Didn't take a flash (torch for Mal)......
Stephen,

I'm always pretty confused so good to get an up-front "translation", saves any further confusion.

Posted on: 2011/9/29 17:25
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
No garage work this evening. Fighting off a head cold that came out of the blue. Half of my office is sick. So I figure grinding and sanding would only make it worse.

Spoke to Ross today in regards to a plan to replace my rotten dog legs and rear quarter corners. Since Ross has performed this surgery many times, he is going to send me some pictures on how to do the skin graft with minimal effort.

Posted on: 2011/9/29 20:17
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
With all the effort you put into work, family, website, and your Clipper, you deserve to take a break (and nice, steaming bowl of chicken noodle soup). Get well soon.

Posted on: 2011/9/29 20:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Paul Bellefeuille
See User information
I just started a head cold today too.. and I'm waaaay over here in NH!.. internet virus?? lol
Get well BigKev!

Posted on: 2011/9/29 20:39
Paul
1955 Clipper Super

"Your fate is just your destiny when you do not try." Cosy Sheridan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Chop up 2 cloves of FRESH garlic real fine on FRESH ground beef habanero cheese burger with all the triimings. Wash it down with a 1/2 pint of NATURAL cherry wine or 3 shots of good quality liquor and sleep UNDISTURBED for 10 - 12 hours. Do that at least once a month and u'll never get cold or flu or sinus or intestinal problems etc ever again. Works good for the ladies too for their special ailments.

Posted on: 2011/9/29 21:06
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Feeling a bit better today. So out in the garage this evening to work some more on stripping the paint and rust off of the door interiors and jams.

It's a dirty filthy job, and when I am done, I almost look like I am wearing black face.

Also in the process of stripping the jams I found the remnants of metal weather stripping retainers on the A and B pillars, and also on the bottom of the doors. The ones in the picture before are from the B pillar (long one) and the door bottom.

Also I removed the remains of the door glass whiskers that across the door windows along the bottom. Not a whisker left in any of them.

When I was out earlier I found this old tool box and very old oiler can at a garage sale. The tool box is going to be kept in the clipper trunk, and the oiler can is perfect for holding air tool oil. I think the oiler is actually from 20s based on the markings on it.

Attach file:

jpg  (32.42 KB)
1_4e87dbaa1e3e7.jpg 1280X760 px

jpg  (48.52 KB)
1_4e87dbb5b96fb.jpg 760X1280 px

jpg  (55.78 KB)
1_4e87dbc292ae8.jpg 1280X760 px

Posted on: 2011/10/1 22:34
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Noera Mfg. Co Waterbury Conn

This way for further information about so-called Noera oilers or ebay auctions: 1, 2

[picture source: 1931 catalog, from Samuel Harris & Co., Chicago, Ill., via ebay]

Attach file:

jpg  (59.29 KB)
757_4e87ea12b956b.jpg 492X694 px

Posted on: 2011/10/1 23:35
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 134 135 136 (137) 138 139 140 ... 259 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved