Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
111 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 110

pmhowe, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Fuel Filter # for Carter glas bowl?
Home away from home
Home away from home

64avanti
See User information
Might someone have a viable fuel filter replacement for the Carter WCFB with glass bowl? Our parts interchange lists Fel- pro # 12473 but this is the gasket.
I would like to maintain the bowl filter if possible
Thanks!

Posted on: 2019/8/9 21:20
 Top  Print 

Re: Fuel Filter # for Carter glas bowl?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim in Boone
See User information
Don't know if the bowl I have is the same, seems like the filter I purchased was for a 60's model Thunderbird, will try to look and see if I have one still in a box with part number

Hopefully picture of box attached, again older model Packard, maybe not what you need, but a place to start. Local parts shop matched up for me at the time.

Attach file:

jpg  (83.25 KB)
4384_5d514bcb25b45.jpg 630X640 px

Posted on: 2019/8/10 6:53
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

64avanti
See User information
The car is a '55, that may help! A period AC filter will not fit but I may substitute a complete AC assembly as they are so similar. Still, a replacement element would be a help.
Thanks.

Posted on: 2019/8/10 8:22
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There was a discussion on this some years back which you may be able to find by doing a search of the forums. It boiled down to there were two or three size filters and the typical ceramic filter still available in parts stores today for other cars of the era is too large because Packard used a smaller version than GM which seems to be the item still around.

At the time several said the element was the same as was commonly used in some farm tractors for years after Packard went away and Tractor Supply carried them. You would need to look at the old posts for which tractors. I did not find any filters at all stocked at the local tractor supply store so it may be an online only thing. If the vendors don't have them maybe that would be an option and converting to a paper filter is also an option.

Posted on: 2019/8/10 9:02
Howard
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Last time I needed one for the OEM Carter filter on a V8 Packard, I got it from Patrician Industries (Joel Ray), that was probably 10 years ago but worth a phone call if you're still looking.

Posted on: 2019/8/10 10:24
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
Chevys of the '40s sells bowls and filters, if you decide to replace.
https://www.chevsofthe40s.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI556Q9cb54wIVCr7ACh32mQexEAAYASAAEgLQj_D_BwE

Attach file:

jpg  (139.88 KB)
1067_5d4f6212205ee.jpg 1420X1066 px

jpg  (262.36 KB)
1067_5d4f621d6f1e6.jpg 1920X1440 px

jpg  (203.99 KB)
1067_5d4f622741faa.jpg 1746X1310 px

Posted on: 2019/8/10 19:33
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I bought a new Carter fuel filter (housing, element and glass bowl) sometime back when I had the 55 Clipper. I can't recall the vendor, but it specialized in Chrysler parts. Maybe this will help. JWL

Update: Here is a photo of the Carter carburetor and the new Carter fuel filter used on the 55 Clipper. JWL

Attach file:

jpg  (35.03 KB)
565_5d52e997cc0db.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2019/8/11 13:36
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

bobp
See User information
I've been using nos Carter 30-120U, it comes with a paper filter, a spring to push it up & the gasket. Maybe someone can cross it to something newer. Hope this can help.

Posted on: 2019/8/12 18:56
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Andrew Sinclair
See User information
I bought one similar to this a few years ago for my 55 Clipper with the Carter carburetor...
https://www.ebay.com/p/Fuel-Filter-Carter-30-82/228007158

It's a Carter 30-82 ceramic filter and gasket.

Posted on: 2019/8/13 12:44
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
The primary OEM user of that particular Carter fuel filter was Chrysler Corp. and suppliers specializing in Chrysler products would be the best choice for parts.

Posted on: 2019/8/13 13:46
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved