Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
230 user(s) are online (150 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 229

JD in KC, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Part Held For Ransom
Home away from home
Home away from home

Caribbeandude
See User information
let it go, pay it and move on.... life's too short, this is just a hobby

Posted on: 2016/9/10 21:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Opinions welcome but does someone have an answer to my original question?

Posted on: 2016/9/10 22:06
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
You answered it yourself - you said you were going to fight it. Were you also looking for referral to a California lawyer? Just call your local Bar association if you are looking for a referral.

DAF. esq.

Posted on: 2016/9/10 22:29
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Trouble is, when lawyers get involved, they get rich irrespective of the outcome! Next case!

Posted on: 2016/9/10 23:32
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
If you are unhappy now, you will be ready for death after dealing with those lawyers.

You can always get another clock and let them keep the one you don't want to pay for.

This case is nothing compared to what I had to deal with, and still do in some cases. Sometimes I get shaken down for cash by managers. It's a cost of doing business given there aren't any gangsters I can hire to straighten a few people out.

Posted on: 2016/9/11 3:50
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Good afternoon...BigKev is right, as usual. Occasionally, we have to overcome our anger and move forward. Ernie

Posted on: 2016/9/11 14:47
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
It was my hope, and the reason that I posted here, is that there might be an attorney who is also a Packard owner who would be willing to write a letter for me, which is why I posted.

No way I will just pay and move on - I just don't work that way and I wouldn't expect anyone else to do that to cover my own mistakes either. The company hasn't even had the courtesy to apologize and seem to think that they've done nothing wrong. I gave them the option of either returning my clock (at which time I would evaluate the work and pay a reasonable cost) or to send another unrestored one from a similar Packard model but they have done neither.

Posted on: 2016/9/11 15:02
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
Some things are worth getting upset over and other things are not,,,a prudent person would know the difference between the two. Imho, ya can't control everything all the time.
Hope this helps.
Steve

Posted on: 2016/9/13 15:00
Steve
Old cars are my passion

1951 Packard 200
1953 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan
1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer Tri-tone
1966 Rambler Classic 770 Convertible
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
One of the problems in both of these cases is possession is nine tenths of the law. The term quote can be construed to mean quoted finished price. Why should anybody go through the trouble of mailing merchandise back for free?

If the vendor is unwilling to give a non-binding estimate after being sent pictures then they can always
report a paid receipt for previous work.

I've sent parts out to vendors and had them call me to tell that the cost was going to be higher than usual because of such and such problem. I knew the people and gave the go ahead.

Platers are experienced in owning abandoned merchandise and they are more willing to provide estimates to avoid abandoned work.

I remember when you couldn't get a quote for car insurance without physically going to an agency. Those days are gone.

Nobody ever got injured over the telephone so I would make a call and ask a few questions.

Posted on: 2016/9/13 15:48
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I'm virtually deaf so must rely on email which is why everything to date is so well documented and I made a PDF of the entire thread of emails from the initial contact to the most recent.

However, the nature of the replies this posting has gotten makes me regret having posted it so I won't be following it any longer. If anyone is actually an attorney, please contact me by PM.

Posted on: 2016/9/13 15:59
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved