Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
113 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 112

Tom (Packin31), more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Packard Owner Registry problem
Home away from home
Home away from home

Steve
See User information
I'm having a different problem but sorta related. I misspelled the name of the Packard Dealership in the "Packard Dealerships" list. Go to TEXAS, city of Plainview, and find the name of: Kickers Packards....... I need to change the name to....... KIKERS........... I noticed the misspell about 8 or 9 months ago and every once in a while I revisit to try and correct it. The attached picture at the dealership page shows it best.
Please help, tell me what I need to do.....
Thanks all.

Posted on: 2012/1/7 14:28
Steve
Old cars are my passion

1951 Packard 200
1953 Packard Clipper Custom Touring Sedan
1955 Dodge Custom Royal Lancer Tri-tone
1966 Rambler Classic 770 Convertible
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
RogerDetroit wrote:....Still somewhat of a problem to use the registry. I had to do the "refresh" thing several times as it still wanted to load only one data entry at a time and then asked me to hit "go." So I went through the refreshing and about on the 4th try the entire page loaded.

Mal, you owe me. So plan on coming to the Packard National Meet in the Motor City in June 2013 and we can laugh about this.....
Roger, a very heartfelt is in order for your good humour and understanding in this matter. At last I can also officially say for including your '41 One-Twenty Business Coupe in the Packard Owner's Registry, again!

It also looks like BigKev needs to investigate still further if multiple refreshes are required in order to enable data entry in the Owner Registry Submission screen, Kev?

As to Detroit in 2013, I KNOW I owe you Big Time Roger, unfortunately I doubt I'll be able to accept your invitation to attend. But there will be some Aussies there though, good guys, see the excerpt from my Wade's Workshop Blog below:

Quote:
Ozstatman wrote:Monday 5th December 2011......I have had very very valuable assistance in this purchase from Barry Smith and through his US connections have had the car appraised by 2 Packard experts who report a rare find. The US connections required no recompense for their time or considerable travel expenses and as a bursary to the valuable and treasured assistance from Barry I have donated a sum toward the Packard Proving Ground reconstruction....and will be in attendance at the opening in June 2013 where the Barry Smith window of the bedroom of two of Charlie Vincent's daughters will be dedicated. Meanwhile I await delivery[/i]...."

However I do have plans afoot for visiting Hershey this year. So if you in attendance there we can catch up and laugh or cry as the case may be.

Quote:
Guscha wrote:....Bear up!

Gerd, as for you, this in becoming unBearable!

Posted on: 2012/1/7 16:01
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
RogerDetroit -

You wrote:

Quote:
Still somewhat of a problem to use the registry. I had to do the "refresh" thing several times as it still wanted to load only one data entry at a time and then asked me to hit "go." So I went through the refreshing and about on the 4th try the entire page loaded.

I believe that BigKev purposely designed the "Add" page to load those first three data elements, one at a time - that is, as each is completed. IIRC, this was done to help minimize errors that would affect grouping and sorting of the database of completed entries by model.

As I understand it, the routine uses the entry from the data element just completed to preload the relevant subset of choices to the dropdown list for NEXT data element.

You see, Series doesn't always correspond to Year on a one-to-one basis; 1949 could be either 22nd or 23rd Series. (This might explain why some years appear twice in the Year drop-down list.) Also, instead of loading ALL body number from 1899-1958, ONLY those for the chosen Series are loaded for the Model dropdown menu. For example, only models fitting the "56nn" template will appear for 56th Series entries.

It is only after you hit "Go" for the Model field that the rest of the form will appear.

Or, are you saying that you have to hit your browser's "Reset" "Refresh" button, after completing any one of those first three elements, to get the next one to load?

Posted on: 2012/1/7 19:18
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
packardguy53 wrote:....I misspelled the name of the Packard Dealership in the "Packard Dealerships" list. Go to TEXAS, city of Plainview, and find the name of: Kickers Packards....... I need to change the name to....... KIKERS...... tell me what I need to do.....
Steve,

Had a look at that dealer entry but couldn't do anything with it. Which after my last kerfuffle with Roger's Owner Registry Entry might be just as well. Looks like another job for BigKev!

Posted on: 2012/1/7 19:32
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
rvsls wrote:I have tried to register my car....but can not seem to go beyond opening the registry page....
Rod,
for persevering and including your '37 One Twenty Convertible Coupe in the Registry.

Posted on: 2012/1/7 20:14
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
for persevering and including your '37 One Twenty Convertible Coupe in the Registry.

Click to see original Image in a new window

Mal, you live freely if you haven't a reputation to lose but please try to withstand the temptation to do what you like to do even if this seems like a good point.

[sources
pic #1: www.omischubser.de
pic #2: www.eigensinnig.org]

Attach file:

jpg  (8.24 KB)
757_4f08f4188b3e3.jpg 398X362 px

Posted on: 2012/1/7 20:40
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
To BH:

"...Or, are you saying that you have to hit your browser's "Reset" button, after completing any one of those first three elements, to get the next one to load?"

Yes that is exactly what I have to do - hit the refresh button to get to the next one.

--Roger--

Posted on: 2012/1/7 20:49
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
RogerDetroit -

Oops, I meant your browser's "Refresh" button (not "Reset", and have gone back to correct that), but it appears that you understood what I meant.

No, you should not have to do that to move on to loading the subsequent data elements (and full form) - though, on dial-up, I do expect a reasonable delay while the the necessary data is compiled to regenerate the screen.

Yet, that it generally works without incident for me makes me wonder what might be different on your end of the equation, than mine. BTW, what is your platform and browser?

Meanwhile, I hope we'll hear from others who may have experienced similar problem. Perhaps, then, we might find a common thread that will help point to a solution.

Posted on: 2012/1/7 22:41
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

rvsls
See User information
I was finally able to load my car on to the registry by using the refresh botton on my browser to go to the next page. If you just hit the enter key all you get is a blank page. Then hit the refresh button and the next page comes up. This is a little confusing and not well explained, if indeed that is how it is supposed to work?

Rod

Posted on: 2012/1/8 13:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Rod, thanks for persevering and for the error report. The webmaster is back from vacation and will abate the nuisance.

[picture source: registrydefender.com]

Attach file:

jpg  (25.94 KB)
757_4f09f0487ca65.jpg 500X376 px

Posted on: 2012/1/8 14:36
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved