Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
199 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 198

William Grosz, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 »

Re: Ivory Steering Wheel 48-54 Reproduction Project
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Brians51 wrote:As a clarification I did not come up with the "no right to comment." statement. The system did.....
Brian,

The "no right to comment" statement could well be a combination of the session time out occurring as well as PackardInfo timing you out as a user. You then have to log in again using your user name and password. This has also happened to me.

Posted on: 2010/11/27 19:27
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Brian, we have all made some mistakes in posting a comment. Please don't hesitate to keep posting. You will learn "the little tricks" that help you post an answer. Glad to have you aboard.

Posted on: 2010/11/27 19:27
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
To avoid the problem again, try typing in word, wordpad, or works, text edit-- what ever text program is on your computer and saving that. Then when you are ready, select it all and copy, then paste into the reply form. Looking forward to your comments.

Posted on: 2010/11/27 19:31
Howard
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
It has to do with the website "Session State". After a period of time (like 15 minutes or so) of you not clicking on any links or anything, it assumes that you have left, and it will "Time-Out" your session as part of it's housekeeping routines to free up resources for other users.

Sometimes I even get bit by it when I start a message, and then end up getting distracted in the middle of it. So when I hit the submit I get the message that it cant be posted. Sometimes I get lucky and hit the back button, and then submit again and it works.

The preview trick is another to let the website know you are still out there. Obviously if you have a very long post, typing it and do the copy trick before posting, or typing it in a notepad/wordpad etc first is the safest way.

Posted on: 2010/11/27 19:51
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Caribbeandude
See User information
I would take several!!!! the 54 wheels is more of a pure white color comapred to the ivory of the 48 through 53 wheel, thanks and pls let us know if this project happens!!! thanks

Posted on: 2010/12/12 18:31
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If I am reading this post 23 correctlyhttps://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=65273#forumpost65273 then the project is not happening. I am not sure who was determined to be making new wheels but other than a couple of companies mentioned who recast them, some clarification might be in order.

Posted on: 2010/12/12 18:55
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Caribbeandude
See User information
any new progress on this project?

Posted on: 2012/5/19 23:34
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I haven't seen any further info but still don't think it is happening. There must be another thread or post referencing this thread. In post 23 on page 3, Fred says that he sees they are already being made so he has no interest in pursuing the project. Thing is, in reading thru this thread I didn't see where anyone said new were being made -- just some references to companies that recast plastic over an old core. Maybe that is what he meant.

Posted on: 2012/5/20 11:10
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
--> This way to find another options.

BTW Our Estonian member mentioned the quality of some Russian restorers - not without good reason (sample pic attached).

Attach file:

jpg  (23.06 KB)
757_4fb965462d483.jpg 494X241 px

Posted on: 2012/5/20 16:42
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

steve-52/200
See User information
late commer ,Id be interested in an ivory wheel for my52 200

Posted on: 2012/5/25 12:46
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved