Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
197 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 195

Phat Jonny, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 9 »

Re: RIver Run 54 packard
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Thanks for fixing up those posts Kev. Sure wish I could be there!

Posted on: 2011/10/9 2:26
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Mal it's only a hop and skip across the big pond!

Posted on: 2011/10/9 3:09
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
We are officially less than a month away!

I am happy to say folks are still sending in registrations and just yesterday received one from Paul and Sue Ann Cornwell of North Las Vegas.

Paul is well known for his innovative '56 Executive with the most unique pushbutton shifted three speed manual with overdrive I have ever seen. The car sports dual quads, hydro-boost power disc brakes, and many fantastic touches such as Caribbean interior and hood. Big Kev and I had the opportunity to visit with Paul, Sue Ann, and Craig last November while on a mini Packard outing and enjoyed the hearing all about the long history Paul has had with the car and how it evolved into what it is today. I am sure the attendees of the meet will enjoy the chance to see this car and meet Paul first hand as much as we did!

I've been pushing hard on the '40 and think it will be ready to bring, so I hope to have both the '39 and '40 there. I hope everyone that is bringing a car is enjoying the usual tinkering before time on the road.

More updates to come!

Jim

Posted on: 2011/10/14 8:54
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
pushbutton manual!! what what??!!

Posted on: 2011/10/14 9:10
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Hank, check out his project. Quite impressive.http://www.1956packardpanther.com/PaulExec/PaulProject_Index.html

Posted on: 2011/10/14 9:13
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Pneumatic shifter & clutch. Shifter is actuated by the "piano" pushbutton. The pictures on the web pages below are of the original BW T-10 4-speed. Paul replaced it with a 3spd & OD later.

http://www.1956packardpanther.com/PaulExec/PaulShifter.html

Posted on: 2011/10/14 9:14
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information
I am so taken by Paul's genious and creativity with this Executive. I hope that I can inspect the beauty when I get to Laughlin and talk with Sue Ann and Paul. My mind is racing with thoughts of my own Executive.

Posted on: 2011/10/14 10:46
Bob

IF EVERYTHING IS COMING YOUR WAY ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
YOU'RE IN THE WRONG LANE!

'56 Executive Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Well Gents...final details are coming together for the River Run, and I will let Jim fill in some of the details in the next couple of days.

We are working on having a few "People's Choice" awards for the cars that are in attendance and also a couple of awards for longest distance drove (in a Packard) and long distance traveled to get to the Meet.

While we know it's going to be a small event this first year, the registrations for cars coming have already passed our inital expectations.

Remember folks if it's a Packard we want to see it there. Drive it, Trailer it, Tow it. Show Quality or Rust Relic....we want to see them all. Can't bring your Packard? Thats fine as well bring yourself. Have another old car? Bring it out.... the more the merrier. Also all Studebakers are also welcome to attend and participate.

It's all about getting together and kicking some tires and enjoying the hobby, so come on out and be able to say you were there at the first one!

Posted on: 2011/10/17 22:00
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Forgot to mention that Sat is the Swapmeet. So bring out your parts for swap/trade/sell. There is no "vendor fee" to sell parts, so feel free to bring what ever Packard related parts and literature that you wish to sell. Also there is no fee for bringing a car to sell. When we say this is a No-Fee-Meet, we mean it!

I'll probably have a trunk full of misc 51-56 parts and literature with me for sale at bargain basement prices.

Also if anyone is interested in helping out during the event with misc things please let us know. I am sure we will need a hand with directing people where to park, other various things like that.

** Just a note, no tables with be provided or are available from the hotel for the swapmeet. So plan on bringing your own if you need one. **

Posted on: 2011/10/18 11:01
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Re: 1st Annual PackardInfo.com River Fun Run - Laughlin, NV
Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
If you want to go to Laughlin, fair enough, but for your information we'll rock PackardInfo on Nov 10-13th, 2011.

Edit: Mal will register your car at half the cost (and there's a rumor going around that he will do it even for free if it has the original subber in).

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/T_LuhWiOxRw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Posted on: 2011/10/18 12:25
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 ... 9 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved