Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
75 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 74

kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 ... 13 »

Re: Successful Packard Hunt
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Quote:

Owen_Dyneto wrote:
Back a bit earlier in this thread there was the question, had anyone ever seen a 39 with cane shift? I said yes, at least the Twelves and thought I had the picture. Found the photo.

... and, last night I saw a '39 Twelve Convertible Sedan with a cane shifter on an old "What's My Car Worth" program. However, the car had been converted from a column shifter as the shifter tube housing at the top of the steering column had been left in place. Maybe it was the same car?

(o[]o)

Edit: The expert predicted the car would sell for around $125,000. It sold for $250,000. It had been restored by the Stone Barn a few years earlier and is a most impressive motor car.

Posted on: 2012/10/8 11:46
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Well, all instructions on Brake Lights and BTV vac hose are in to the mechanic.

Will let y'all know how it turns out. Hope it's just a disconnected vac hose, like HH says.

BTW,

Why doesn't my pic show up in the post, instead of just a link? I've had this problem before, and don't know the fix. It's a a PDF, duly attached and uploaded. Somthing like only 24K in size.

Posted on: 2012/10/8 13:42
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Quote:

Owen_Dyneto wrote:
Yeah, it's in kind of a poor location, though not much different that some other makes using the same unit, that's one reason the remote fillers were so common. Checking fluid and the like is really much easier if you temporarily remove the short length of fresh air duct.

When restoring a car to service that hasn't been regularly on the road and serviced, it's best to assume everything in the entire brake system needs to be evaluated closely. I wouldn't even think of scraping goo out of the BTV, remove it - it almost certainly could not be restored to reliable service by just scrapping goo and refilling.

I need to look into that remote filler.

No worries on the state of the brake fluid, the entire BTV was removed and flushed, as were the lines. New linings front and back, wheel cylinders all new.

Posted on: 2012/10/8 13:49
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

55PackardGuy wrote:
BTW,

Why doesn't my pic show up in the post, instead of just a link? I've had this problem before, and don't know the fix. It's a a PDF, duly attached and uploaded. Somthing like only 24K in size.

PDF format has to have a reader program or viewer plugin and apparently there is not one built into the forum protocol. JPEG or GIF are probably the only formats that will show without the viewer downloading and using a program on his computer to see the file.

Posted on: 2012/10/8 13:49
Howard
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Remote filler kit. There is a gent out of the Texas region that sells these units.

Attach file:

jpg  (114.56 KB)
1_50732320b6509.jpg 1280X721 px

Posted on: 2012/10/8 14:01
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
thanks fror that picture Kev, are the "official" S-P remote fill ki ts NLA? For years they were plentiful and relatively inexpensive.

Regarding the 1939 cane shift, JW asked: Maybe it was the same car? No, the one I pictured is in Sweden and was not converted.

Posted on: 2012/10/8 14:09
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Dave, I am not sure. This is made from a milled piece of aluminum. Obviously not the original style, but highly functional.

Posted on: 2012/10/8 14:44
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I think those S-P remote fill kits are pretty much gone except for the occasional ebay find -- at least that seemed to be the feeling in a couple of discussions.

IIRC in one of the discussions a couple of years ago Randy mentioned one of his friends was thinking of trying to reproduce a few to have correct looking ones for a some of their local cars. Think most things had been sourced but there was a sticking point on making the stamped steel bracket. Don't remember ever hearing if he did or was successful or maybe found the real thing & no longer had a need.

Posted on: 2012/10/8 14:52
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Quote:
HH56 Wrote:

PDF format has to have a reader program or viewer plugin and apparently there is not one built into the forum protocol. JPEG or GIF are probably the only formats that will show without the viewer downloading and using a program on his computer to see the file.

Got the "Night Stalker" photo up on the previous page. Low-res and all, I think it's kind of cool.

The car is still unofficially named "Isabel" though. I see no problems having a female night stalker.

Posted on: 2012/10/8 17:46
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
My friend, who borrowed my remote fill from the Patrician, has apparently other projects more pressing, but I will give him a bump.
The last time I bought an original S-P kit from Max Merritt it ran me $85.00. I doubt you can find an original easily.

Posted on: 2012/10/8 18:53
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 4 5 6 (7) 8 9 10 ... 13 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved