Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
75 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 73

DKG, Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

New Packard Owner, need restored, 1955 Patrician
Just popping in
Just popping in

BlakeInAlabama
See User information
So I got a 1955 Patrician from my uncle to passed away. It was been sitting in the same spot, under a carport for about 35 years. It shows 35,000 miles and 3 tires, although completed dry rotted, held air. I know nothing about it, but hope to do some work on it. I was told it ran when he parked it there. The fuel pump is off along with the gas tank, which I have. How would I find out if there are any other owners in my area to chat with? Thanks, Blake

Posted on: 2013/11/7 14:47
 Top  Print   

Re: New Packard Owner, need restored, 1955 Patrician
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Greetings and best of luck with car! My suggestion would be to join The Packard Club after which you'll get a directory of members - there are quite a few in Alabama. One in particular in Birmingham comes to mind who is VERY knowledgeable about the 55 and 56 Packards. Just quickly browing my directory I see members with 55 and 56 Packards in Birmingham, Vestavia Hills, Alexander City, Salem, Montgomery, Madison, and Double Springs. I'm not aware now close any of these are to Huntsville.

You'll also find many correspondents here who are quite familiar with the car, and while not perhaps geographically close are ready to help you with questions.

http://www.packardclub.org/

Posted on: 2013/11/7 15:07
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day BlakeInAlabama,
to PackardInfo and congratulations on your '55 Patrician.

Couple of ways to find other owners in your area, although there could be others:
1) Peruse the Packard Owner's Registry here on Site, or
2) Join PAC, one of the benefits of which is a directory of members which details members and their Packards by model and area.

But, going back to the Packard Owner's Registry here on PackardInfo, I invite you to include your '55 Patrician there.

Posted on: 2013/11/7 15:14
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Allen Kahl
See User information
RUN... DO NOT WALK TO Birmingham and see Dan Taccone, past president of PAC and current owner of several Packards. Once you have figured out what parts you need contact Mike Dulinski in Minnesota. Another Packard owner in your area is Randy Owen

Al from Alabama.

Posted on: 2013/11/7 17:33
Al

1955 Patrician
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

BlakeInAlabama
See User information
How do I find their numbers? My car happens to already be in Birmingham.

Posted on: 2013/11/7 17:36
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Information in the Member's Directory is for the use of members only, but I'll send you a PM with the name and contact # of my friend in Birmingham who is quite knowledgeable about your car.

Posted on: 2013/11/7 18:19
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved