Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
178 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 174

BigKev, Jimmyk, Paul E. Gallagher, AJS, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »

Re: New site issue?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I’m not sure what has changed between yesterday and today but I’ve had to log back in each and every time I’ve opened the site even if away only a moment researching something! Something likely here on my end but not sure what might cause it.

Posted on: 2022/10/30 15:47
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Fixed an issue where Email Notifications were not getting sent out when you got a new Private Message.

That is now fixed.

Thanks!

Posted on: 2022/11/17 14:40
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Wat_Tyler
See User information
My PM inbox shows that I have 240 new messages. I may have 240 messages in it, but they've all been opened.

I cussed at it but nothing changed.

Posted on: 2022/11/18 6:39
If you're not having fun, maybe it's your own damned fault.
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Sorry this last core "update" broke more things than it fixed. So I've had to track down all gremlins and purge them one by one. It's getting to the point where I may just ignore the update going forward as they tend to undo my custom fixes and changes

Posted on: 2022/11/18 9:03
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Just curious since not much has changed for me, but I saw Don say he's having issues with firefox, and that's what I use, and it upgraded before the problems, so I wonder if that's part of the issues?
It's calling for an update again, so I'll see if it's better or worse after.
No biggie for me, not a "regular".

Posted on: 2022/11/18 14:55
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Still having to log in constantly and it does not seem specific to Firefox, the device I’m using (PC, iPad or iPhone) or even where I am (in San Francisco this week and still doing it) so not IP related. At first I thought it might be that my iPad, which I usage most often for the site, was using a VPN so I uninstalled it but, as it’s doing it on the PC too, that’s not the problem.

Posted on: 2022/11/18 14:59
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Kev,

Just to add to the confusion, there appears to be an issue with sending PM's.

Going into the Inbox and selecting the "Send new messages" button opens up a window, image attached, but there doesn't appear to be a means of selecting a recipient! Previously you could access the "To." field to do so.

I know you can send a PM directly to a Forum Member by accessing their Forum Name in a post, but that's not always an available option.

Attach file:

jpg  New message screen.JPG (37.53 KB)
226_63781da0621ee.jpg 566X563 px

Posted on: 2022/11/18 19:11
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I have been noticing an increasing number of times the website does not refresh or load the most current page showing the correct recent forum topics section. Clicking into the site and all will be good and maybe the next time but then all of a sudden even just selecting a recent topic to read a current post and a page from a few days ago with recent topics way out of sync is what is actually shown. Sometimes a refresh will work to bring things current again but other times I need to clear the cache once or twice before the current page showing all the latest posts will load. Never had that issue before the new software and while it has been hit or miss it is happening much more often in both Safari and Firefox.

Posted on: 2022/11/18 19:41
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
One thing I noticed recently, although rarely a problem, is that clicking on a link to a post often takes me to the very first post of the thread rather than to the latest one. I don’t go to posts often that way so don’t recall if it’s selecting the New Post link in an email or some other link that does it but cancelling an edit also does so.

As for updates overriding custom programming, I have only one site out of many that uses purchased code rather than my own and the same thing was happening. Maybe it won’t work in xoops but what I did was to add the code to a file that was included into the site after all the built-on scripts. That way, the worst that could happen was that the link to the included file would be overwritten in an update but it was an easy thing to add it back again.

Posted on: 2022/11/18 19:51
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Kev, an interesting thing just occurred. When I posted a link to a wire diagram on your project blog the link displayed as a continuous one line string and made that entry stretch the blog thread like some photos have done. Won't know until another post is made after mine if this carries thru the following entries but is this something that could be causing other threads to expand past the browser limits and could the link be made to automatically shorten without destroying it?

Posted on: 2022/11/22 11:08
Howard
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 3 4 (5) 6 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved