Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
228 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 225

BigKev, Oldcaddies , Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1941 120 battery cover
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Gregg Shelton
See User information
Hello, i just found this site and joined. I have a 1941 120 sedan that I pulled out of a barn in GA. It is missing the battery cover - does any one know where i might find a replacement?

Posted on: 2009/5/21 0:55
 Top  Print   

Re: 1941 120 battery cover
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Here's wishing you lots of enjoyment with your 1941 120, that was my second used car as a teenager and my first Packard, and I have many fond memories of it.

Battery cover for the under-seat battery probably won't be easy to find, if at all; most owners and many service stations convinced themselves they really weren't necessary and discarded them. You could try the usual national Packard vendors, but I suspect you'll either end up making one, or perhaps finding someone who has already done so and has an extra.

Posted on: 2009/5/21 9:33
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Jim
See User information
Welcome!

I got mine from John Ulrich 4184 Garden Lane El Sobrante,CA 94803 510 223-9587. A couple of the PI region clubs make the battery tray, hold down, cables, and a case with top to put an Optmia battery in. It's top quality stuff.

There is a very strong Packard following here in central Arizona. The web address ishttp://www.packardsofaz.org/Packards/index.html it is the Packards of Arizona club, a regional Packards International club. I would also recommend joining Packards Internationalhttp://www.packardsinternational.com/

PI has a membership meet in February with what some would say is the largest all Packard swap meet in the western United States. I have gone the last 3 years. The founder of this site and many others here go as well. The people I met there and parts obtained there have been the biggest help in the progress on my car.

Glad to have another Packard enthusiast here in town. Welcome to the site, and I hope to meet you sometime around town.

Best of luck,
Jim

Posted on: 2009/5/21 11:00
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
PGS41 wrote:......I have a 1941 120 sedan that I pulled out of a barn in GA.......

G'day,

to PackardInfo. And could you please include your '41 in the Owner Registry together with a pic, any known history and how you acquired it?

Posted on: 2009/5/21 14:29
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Gregg Shelton
See User information
Thanks for all the wonder full comments and information. I have added the car to the reg. but did not finish the information section due to time. I will complete this week-end. Hopefully I can meet some of you AZ members soon.

I will upload more photos later, I have a long way to go before i can drive my packard.

Attach file:

jpg  (85.25 KB)
1536_4a16125f434e1.jpg 986X671 px

Posted on: 2009/5/21 21:48
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
PGS41 wrote:.......I have added the car to the reg........

Gregg,
for adding your '41 to the Registry, it looks like a real solid car.

Posted on: 2009/5/21 23:31
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
PGS41,

Welcome to the website. VERY nice lookin' find. [Not what one would expect from the average Georgia Barn!!!]

Nice lookin, tilt TRAILER too!

Good wishes on the ongoing rehab project. My Clipper was stored for over 20 years. Just sitting can be hard on them too. Start with the big stuff (under the hood and drive train). It will come and the old 120 will be smilin' soon!

DanL

Posted on: 2009/5/22 13:04
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Don't forget to inspect the wheel bearings, all of them. See Mal's story about damage done because of sitting for a long time on his Wade's Work Shop in the project blogs.

Posted on: 2009/5/22 14:19
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Faust
See User information
Recently eBayed the only battery cover I had. I still have the "tar paper" protector sheet. email me and I'll send you a tracing.

Posted on: 2009/6/23 13:18
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved