Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
157 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 156

dallas, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

1937 Packard mentor needed
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

flatland
See User information
I finally made the jump, and purchased my first Packard. A '37 120 (actually a 138CD). Knowing almost nothing of the particulars of this car, I could use someone ( or several)that wouldn't mind helping me avoid doing things the hard or wrong way. I'm familiar with Model A's and musclecar Chevy's, but not anything like this. Your correspondence and/or availability for input and resources would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Kody

Posted on: 2013/1/26 0:33
 Top  Print   

Re: 1937 Packard mentor needed
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day flatland, Kody,
to PackardInfo.

No need to look further! With the many experienced and friendly people willing to lend advice when asked, PackardInfo serves as a Mentor in itself. Another aspect of the Site is the information contained within it, not just in the various Forum posts, but also in specific Main Menu items like Packard Literature and Manuals and the Packard Photo Archive, to name but two. So ask away.

And, I invite you to include your '37 120 (138CD) in the Packard Owner's Registry here on PackardInfo!

Posted on: 2013/1/26 0:47
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
Let me guess.... From Oklahoma?? And it's black. Welcome and i would love to see a picture of it.

Posted on: 2013/1/26 1:04
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Thomas Wilcox
See User information
Congratulations on your acquisition!

There are plenty of folks here on the forum that are very familiar with that type of car. My advice would be to use this forum, post lots of pictures, and you can probably get most of the information you will need. As Mal mentioned, you also have access to an abundance of information in the Literature and Manuals, Service Index and Photo Archives sections, as well as the other sections, here on the site.

Several of us have put our numbers in the directory, or they are available if you need them by sending us a PM.

Here's to many happy Packarding hours.

Cheers,

Tom

Posted on: 2013/1/26 9:19
--
Thomas Wilcox
34 Roadster, [url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/r
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

flatland
See User information
No,and, no cli55er! I wouldn't dare poach on your Christmas wish. I saw the car you are talking about, but it was a little more in work and $$ than I wanted to bite off.

Posted on: 2013/1/26 16:55
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

flatland
See User information
I have been on other sights where it seems the veterans get irritated and frustrated with the same beginner questions over and over. If I can't find what I am looking for in the archives, I will certianly ask! Sometimes its just easier to develop a rapor and correspond with individuals that get to know each other.

New here, but looking to making many new friends,
Kody

Posted on: 2013/1/26 17:01
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
Quote:

flatland wrote:
...New here, but looking to making many new friends,
Kody

These my friend you will find in abundance.

Posted on: 2013/1/26 17:51

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
flatland, Welcome to the site. Please come on down to Salado in April. You will find many Packard folks with who you can discuss your 1937 One-Twenty. Go to "Shows and Events" section for details. Also, I have a 37 Six Convertible Coupe. The cars are similar and have a lot in common. Be pleased to help where I can. See you in Salado!

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/1/26 18:50
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
Welcome to the club Kody. Sounds like Amarillo or Lubbock to me! I'm from Hereford back when you could still find a Packard dealership. I would suggest that you contact the folks at the Dallas-Fort Worth club; Packards North Texas, and make the drive to attend one of their meetings. That is a good club and probably the closest to you. The Salado meet down north of Austin is a great meet to attend and lots of fun. There is another prewar swap meet in Tulsa that you might want to look into as well. And there is the Pate swap meet in Ft. Worth as well.

The Packards are well built cars and are not difficult to work on, just not quite as easy to find parts for as your Model A. But they are available. Much better than some of the other older cars. Be sure to use the "search" feature to see what has gone on in the past. Most of the rest of us don't know everything about the cars as well.

You can contact the Flackmaster by pm. He lives in Dallas and has a nice warehouse of parts, especially for the prewar cars. The 37 120 is a nice car; I have a 39 120. Good luck with the car!

Posted on: 2013/1/26 21:07
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Kody,
for including your '37 1091CD One Twenty Deluxe Touring Sedan in the Registry, despite some difficulties getting it loaded up!
So also for persevering!

Posted on: 2013/2/7 13:47
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved