Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
143 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 142

dick29, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

A late self-introduction - thought I'd post one...
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Ralph M Bohm
See User information
Hello all!

As a not-so-new member to this group, please allow me to finally offer a short self-introduction.

My name is Ralph and I am an owner of three Packards at this time. I plan to acquire more. The ones I currently own include a 1955 Packard Custom Clipper Constellation, 2-dr hardtop. I purchased and pulled this car out of a field in Vermont a few years ago and the seller almost crushed it out.

Another one I own is a 1955 Packard Four Hundred, and is also a 2-dr hardtop. Although it is not in as bad a shape as the Vermont Clipper, it too will be quite a challenge to restore.

The third is once again, a '55 Packard Clipper Constellation. However, this one is unique in that it was built with the more standard coil/leaf suspension arrangement as opposed to the new-at-the-time "Torsion-Level Suspension. It also is a 4-dr and I am told that I should not part this one out due to the rarity of the conventional suspension.

The name of my hobby is Penobscot Packards. I have some other cars all in various stages of repair and restoration but Packards are special to my heart. In a few years, I intend to turn this hobby into a business but for now, I am working on improving my restoration (auto body and engine work) skills.

When I am not at work overseas or on a road trip for another car, you can find me up here in Bucksport, Maine and am always on the lookout for parts for these great cars. I am also always interested in "adopting" another Packard so hopefully with my participation in this group, I may be able to network with like-minded folks in this regard.

Hope to hear a little bit from other members,

Ralph M Bohm

Posted on: 2013/2/13 8:26
Most Sincerely,

Ralph M Bohm, N5WPG
truckmen @gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Re: A late self-introduction - thought I'd post one...
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Ralph, welcome to you and your Constellation, Four-Hundred, and Custom. I too have a 55 Clipper sedan with the conventional suspension; although, it is the more common Super model. Your Custom is a rare one. How about some photos?

Also, there will be a gentleman from Australia who will be along shortly encouraging you to register you Packards.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/2/13 11:38
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Ralph,
Although I welcomed you in this post glad to do so again, so

But there's an ulterior motive in doing so! Need to ask you to include your '55 Four Hundred Hardtop and '55 Clipper Constellation 4 Door in the Packard Owner's Registry as companions to your '55 Clipper Custom Constellation Hardtop Coupe.

Posted on: 2013/2/13 13:25
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gerard O'Keefe
See User information
Your "Third car" cannot be a Constellation as you said it was a 4 Door sedan.Constellation was the designation for the Custom Clipper 2dr Hardtop.Also, all Customs had the Torison Level suspension as standard equipment.It must be either a Clipper Super or Clipper DeLuxe.

Posted on: 2013/2/13 13:56
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved