Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
118 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 117

Nevada56Hudson, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

I Love This Car!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
Hello fellow Packardinfo-ers!

I just wanted to tell everyone thank you for the help & support you all have provided me on this great site that we are so fortunate to be apart of. I have taken several family members and friends for a ride in my '52. Granted they have been short rides since she still isn't registered, but fun nonetheless. Everyone I have taken for a ride has come out of that car with a smile posted on their face. Even though the fastest I have gone in that car is 35 mph, it doesn't take away from their enjoyment.

Friends my age (18-23) have said that was one of the coolest things they have been apart of. Not because of the attention it gets from passerbys or people being passed, but the fact it is 61 years old and is out there holding its own on our modern streets. Getting to experience what it would have been like to commute in the 50's. It's something the younger generation hasn't been apart of, and may not get the opportunity to be a part of.

As a matter of fact, I took my best friend for a ride today and he enjoyed the heck out of it. He loved how comfortable the front seat was, and how well the motor purred for its age. I find I really enjoy telling people about my car, and blowing their minds. Driving an old car like this is something I have always wanted to do. I am very eager to take it out to Sonic, sip on a shake, and share this old Packard with the masses. Maybe spark some intrigue with the younger generation.

Anyways, I love this car, it was worth bringing back, proud of my self for being able to do so, and thankful to the generosity of those on this site.

-Garrett

Posted on: 2013/2/16 22:41
Garrett

1952 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan

" If you don't go when you want to go, when you do go, you'll find you've gone"- Burt Munro
 Top  Print   

Re: I Love This Car!
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
Hey Garrett: Great to hear from you and that you are having fun. Its been a while and I feared you were discouraged. Hope you get some plates on that thing soon. Let the adventure begin.

Posted on: 2013/2/16 22:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
Hey Ross!

How ya doin'? Hope you're keeping warm.

Yeah, this car is a blast to drive, even without a 2nd gear. My brother actually got me some 1952 plates for Christmas that look great on there. All I have to do is get the paper work done for the car, which may be the most difficult part of this project. I'm planning on taking the '52 up to Austin for the Lonestar Roundup in April. Had I taken it last year, it would have been the only 1952 Packard there, so I'm pretty excited. Probably going to trailer it up there, but drive it around when I get it into Austin.

Happy New year!

-Garrett

Posted on: 2013/2/16 23:09
Garrett

" If you don't go when you want to go, when you do go, you'll find you've gone"- Burt Munro
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
GearRat52 wrote:...I love this car, it was worth bringing back, proud of myself for being able to do so, and thankful to the generosity of those on this site...
Garrett,

You should be VERY proud of what you have accomplished.

I, for one, am very impressed with the enthusiasm and commitment you demonstrated despite the adversities encountered in bringing your Packard back to life.

Posted on: 2013/2/17 5:22
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Rocky46
See User information
Garrett,

I can only say

Tom

Posted on: 2013/2/17 7:39
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim in Boone
See User information
Morning Garrett,

Glad to read your latest post. I always look forward to seeing your posts and your progress; and the chance to relive the memories and excitement of youth through your eyes. Keep up the good work.

Jim

Posted on: 2013/2/17 8:07
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Quote:

GearRat52 wrote:
...I'm planning on taking the '52 up to Austin for the Lonestar Roundup in April. Had I taken it last year, it would have been the only 1952 Packard there, so I'm pretty excited. Probably going to trailer it up there, but drive it around when I get it into Austin...
-Garrett

Garrett, the Texas Packard Meet in Salado is on the same weekend as the Texas Roundup. Why not bring it to Salado? We would like to see you and your Packard. And, you will not be the only Packard in the show. We usually get over 50 Packards from the 1920s to the last ones. It is a great place to connect with other Packard owners. Salado is only 50 miles further up the road than Austin. At least come up for the Saturday activities.

I had a conflict with these two events being on the same weekend. I wanted to take my 1930 Model A Roadster to the Roundup, but involved in the organization for the Packard meet. Maybe next year.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2013/2/17 12:15
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Thomas Wilcox
See User information
Garrett,

Also, if you are ever in Austin during the week with your car, I encourage you to stop by our shop. We normally have a couple of older (pre-war) packards arounds, and I am sure the guys would love to see your car and chat with you.

I am impressed with your project, and wish you many happy Packard motoring miles

Cheers,

Tom
Restorations 120
2720 Hancock
Austin 78731

Posted on: 2013/2/17 13:43
--
Thomas Wilcox
34 Roadster, [url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/r
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
Thanks Guys!

The Packard community is awesome, and I'm honored to be a part of it. John: I really wanted to attend this years Salado but, I had already made plans for LSRU. I was bummed when I found out they were on the same weekend. I guarantee I will be attending a Salado in the near future. If we get a chance to head up there this year we will go. Tom: We should be in Austin on Friday April the 4th, I would love to stop by your shop! What are your hours of operation?

Last but not least I wanted to share with you all my next project. It is my late Grandfathers 1935 Ford 5 window coupe. I've been working on it for a few days and, MAN! It is in much better condition than my Packard was. I'm not going to repaint or alter the look at all, just keep it alive.

-Garrett

Attach file:

jpg  (18.01 KB)
3628_5122ac418ef41.jpg 619X384 px

jpg  (49.94 KB)
3628_5122ac7104fe5.jpg 650X488 px

jpg  (40.04 KB)
3628_5122ac92955de.jpg 650X488 px

jpg  (38.76 KB)
3628_5122aca134587.jpg 650X488 px

Posted on: 2013/2/18 17:35
Garrett

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Craig Hendrickson
See User information
Garrett,

That 35 5-window Ford with a flattie V-8 is way cool, man! You're right, it doesn't need much, at least cosmetically.

Craig

Posted on: 2013/2/18 17:55
Nuke them from orbit, it's the only way to be sure! Ellen Ripley "Aliens"
Time flies like an arrow. Frui
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved