Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
216 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 215

Tobs, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Ebay Packard
Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1948-Packard-Super-Eight-Convertible-/151031590546?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item232a2f2e92

Is this color correct? I know the seller says so but I'm not sure about that. Also, where is the hydraulic cannister? Look at the engine pics and something doesn't look right or like it would have been when the car was new from factory.

Posted on: 2013/4/21 21:59
 Top  Print   

Re: Ebay Packard
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Some risk in judging body color on a monitor and from a photograph but it looks spot-on correct to me.

Posted on: 2013/4/21 22:11
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Let the ride decide
See User information
Don't know theses cars, but it looks nice!

Posted on: 2013/4/21 22:13
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Certainly a nice looking car. I'd wonder if the boots on plug wires and the copper tubing for oil filter is correct. Believe the hydraulic pump is slightly under the right fender on the firewall on 48's

Posted on: 2013/4/21 22:24
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
I think the engine bay looks a little odd because the car does not have a fresh-air heater which usually involves the large black box under the passenger window. It looks like that's where the hydraulic top/window/seat pump is located. Since the car only has an underseat heater I guess that means no defroster.

Posted on: 2013/4/21 23:12
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joel Ray
See User information
The body color is spot on. The owner is a Motor City Packards club member and he restored this car a while back. The car has been to the Packard Proving Grounds open houses a number of times. If I could afford it, I would buy it in a minute.

Posted on: 2013/4/22 6:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Robert Freeman
See User information

Posted on: 2013/4/22 7:59
Bob

IF EVERYTHING IS COMING YOUR WAY ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
YOU'RE IN THE WRONG LANE!

'56 Executive Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

RogerDetroit
See User information
It is a lengthy eBay ad, but the seller did state:

"In 2000 the car was the Packard Club's national meet post-war Best of Show winner (The Nance Trophy) in St. Louis, Missouri.

The car also won a national first place award at the Packard Centennial meet in Warren, Ohio and has been shown multiple times at the Meadow Brook Concours d'Elegance."

Posted on: 2013/4/22 8:00
-

1941 Model 160 Convertible Sedan
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
The color is absolutely correct. I knew someone who had a low mileage original years ago. He's gone, but the last time I saw it, it was still original.

Anyway, the interior is wrong. It should have tan bedford cloth inserts. Also I believe the carpet should be tan.

Take note of the springs.

Posted on: 2013/4/22 8:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard0
See User information
Are the springs to compressed or is that because it's on those ramps?

Also, it appears the other one on Ebay has correct interior but not in as good condition. I don't think either one will bring $65K on Ebay. I estimate the blue one will go around mid $40s

Posted on: 2013/4/22 9:24
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved