Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
74 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 72

PennyPackard, DM37, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

1940 window moldings
Just popping in
Just popping in

pridley
See User information
I am trying to remove the rear quarter window moldings on my '40 160 touring sedan to woodgrain them. However i am havng trouble removing them after removing trim screws. They wont separate from the window unit. What is the secret to removing them?

Posted on: 2013/11/22 8:47
 Top  Print   

Re: 1940 window moldings
Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Cole
See User information
They are probably stuck to the rubber. Try carefully spraying WD-40 around the inside of the frame and let it soak for a week.

Posted on: 2013/11/22 13:47
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day pridley,
to PackardInfo. Sorry I can't help with your query but trust someone can, hopefully it's just as Tim says.

However, I invite you to include your '40 160 Touring Sedan in the Packard Owner's Registry here on PackardInfo!

Posted on: 2013/11/22 13:50
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
Pridley,
I am wrong enough times that you should check this, and Tim is right 93% of the time (higher on some technical issues), but I'd add, if you let WD40 sit on rubber for a week, it might ruin it. Also the smell tends to persist on the interior. Maybe only gasoline breaks rubber down like that, but perhaps a silicone spray may be safer. Silicone would just loosen it up a bit by being slippery. WD40 would work on the rust. The inside edges of the moulding do rust from condensation or moisture from a leaky window. It bonds somehow with the rubber when it's dried out. As an alternative, check it every day to see if it's loose yet.
Joe

Posted on: 2013/11/22 19:30
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved