Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
61 user(s) are online (42 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 61

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

53 Clipper 2 door post
Home away from home
Home away from home

mike james
See User information
Just picked up a clipper from Dave Moe. It needs extensive rework on the floors from trunk to front floor including around the gas pedal.Anyone have any suggestions where to get replacement sheet metal? Mike And yes I'll add to the registry!

Posted on: 2015/5/18 0:17
53 Clipper- Sold
50 touring sedan- Sold
55 Patrician- Sold
56 Patrician- Sold
55 Clipper Super Panama parts car- Sold
55 Clipper Super Panama
 Top  Print   

Re: 53 Clipper 2 door post
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
"yes I'll add to the registry!"

Mike,
for including your "new" '53 Clipper Sportster in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2015/5/18 2:22
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

phsnkw
See User information
If your going for a black exterior. How about the 1952 ebony gold paint. It was supposedly a paint option but it seems very few were actually painted. It is in the 1952 spec book. Good luck with your rebuild!

Posted on: 2015/5/18 10:55
"Do you ever think about the things you do think about?"

Inherit the Wind
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Other than finding a donor car with better metal that has been wrecked or already been parted, I think your only option for any new metal is Classic to Current.http://www.c2cfabrication.com They may not have everything you need though. If the model is one not that common or popular you may have to buy a panel that looks close and then customize farther.

As others will attest, for the most part C2C's panels are not direct weld in replacement pieces but are starting points for the shape needed in a location and will need tweaking.

Posted on: 2015/5/18 11:57
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packard1949
See User information
Ebay had floor panels from time to time-may be from C2C. There have been several posts regarding this subject as HH56 states they require some modification

Posted on: 2015/5/18 12:48
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
The panels work, but they are "generally" the right shape and pattern. But not perfect drop in replacements. The panels are not stamped like Packard did them. So for example, the transition between the floor pan and the kick panel is a sharp bend done on a brake, as opposed to at radiuses bend as done on the original Packard stamping.

So be prepared for some hammering, shaping, trimming, and copious cursing. or at least that was my experience with the front floor panels on my '54 which is probably the same panels as your '53.

A pneumatic body hammer for shaping the sides and front really helps. See my project blog to see what I had to do to get them to fit.

If you have any rust in the trans tunnel, be prepared to buy extra 18ga steel to make you own patch panels.

But all said and done, they do give you the quickest path to a floor replacement besides cutting up a donor car.

Posted on: 2015/5/18 13:23
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved