Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
134 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 133

Packwagon, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Just Found a 41 Coupe
Home away from home
Home away from home

Pat and Melanie Westerkamp
See User information
Hello all first time poster long time lurker....i just found a 1941 110 Coupe im going to buy....the 110 comes from the hood latch. The car has been stored in a climate controlled garage for 40+ years. Im trying to figure out what model and options i have, I have found that there are a lot of different configurations for these cars. This car has the 3 chrome accent line on the fenders as well as chrome around the windows and running boards with the chrome accent and a front bumper guard. It has the 2 tone chrome accented steering wheel as well (isn't this a Deluxe option). The radio which looks as old as the car is mounted underneath the dash not where the chrome filler on the dash is at, but it looks like it was a Packard radio????? My confusion comes in a with is it a deluxe, special????? It was a back seat so its not a businessman........where the Deluxe, Special, scripts mounted with adhesive or holes in the fenders and clips???? no scripts on the hood....unless they have fallen off or been stolen.

On a side note there is another Packard in this warehouse i believe it is a straight 8 convertible......he said Clark Gable drove in 2 movies (paper work to prove it) and is in terrific shape asking 50K if anyone is interested.

Posted on: 2017/10/2 10:04

1941 Packard 110 Club Coupe Deluxe
 Top  Print   

Re: Just Found a 41 Coupe
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If you can get the vehicle number off the patent plate that would be the best way to identify what you have. Some of the knowledgeable prewar people can then narrow down the model and what options were available on that model. I am not that familiar with exactly where it is on the 41 but most plates are on the drivers side of the car under the hood flat on the cowl or vertical on the firewall.

Posted on: 2017/10/2 10:16
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Thanks I just had the old guy send me a picture of the cowl tag....it says its DE-I485-2503....i believe the DE is Delexe edition im not sure.......if so why does it not have the Deluxe script ???????? built by the Jackson Motor Car Co. on 11-25-40.........in my reading i thought that the Deluxe came with the radio in the dash not underneath????

Posted on: 2017/10/2 11:25

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Until someone comes along with some specific answers you can download the owner's manual and the Salesman's Data Book from the literature section. Those might answer a few questions. There are some other dealer and sales info on 41 models too.

As to the radio, I believe you are correct in that the factory item was in the dash so anything hang on could be an aftermarket item. Motorola, Sears (Allstate) and IIRC, Crosley amongst others were all selling aftermarket car radios then.

https://www.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/1941_110_120_OM.pdf

https://www.packardinfo.com/xoops/html/downloads/1941_DataBook.pdf

Posted on: 2017/10/2 12:06
Howard
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information

Posted on: 2017/10/2 13:43
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Chevmn56,
to PackardInfo, and I invite you to include your '41 One-Ten Deluxe Club Coupe in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2017/10/2 14:21
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
...built by the Jackson Motor Car Co. on 11-25-40..

No, built by the Packard Motor Car Company and sold by their dealer Jackson Motor Car Co. on November 25, 1940.

And model script was attached via drilled holes. Use of adhesive came long after Packard was gone.

Deluxe versions of the 110 and 160 did not use special script.

Posted on: 2017/10/2 18:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

DrMorbius
See User information
That straight 8 convertible that Clark Gable drove, does it happen to say Darrin on the trunk lid?

Posted on: 2017/10/5 15:52
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I did not look at the trunk.....Sorry i do have 2 pics.....ill try and figure out how to post them

Attach file:

jpg  (227.78 KB)
167108_59dbbc6c0eac1.jpg 1920X1440 px

Posted on: 2017/10/9 13:14

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Got one pic up

Posted on: 2017/10/9 13:24

Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved