Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
110 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 110

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

How can you tell what the original interior upholstery color should be on a 1937 115C?
Just popping in
Just popping in

Quillas
See User information
I have the Body number and VN number. The body number is Z74811 or Z748II as it looks like. Is there any way to tell what the original interior upholstery color would have been. This is a 1937 115C Convertible and I'm trying to do some research on it while it's in for restoration. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I also would like to know what color the covertible top should be as well. It seems that before I got it, the car has been repainted twice. Thanks again.

Posted on: 2018/4/8 12:55
 Top  Print   

Re: How can you tell what the original interior upholstery color should be on a 1937 115C?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Sherlock
See User information
If you can find a bit of original paint, perhaps in an obscure spot on the car or under the later layers, that would help in narrowing down the options for upholstery and top colors.

Posted on: 2018/4/8 14:39
Rob

1930 Custom 8 Club Sedan
 Top  Print   

Re: How can you tell what the original interior upholstery color should be on a 1937 115C?
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
No such body serial number as Z74811, it would be 6 numeric digits, maybe you can post a photo. If the first character is a 2 (as in 274811) the car is a 1936, not a 1937. Note that in the font Packard used for this number and vehicle numbers and other purposes, the "1" looked like an "I".

The vehicle number is the most definitive number, please provide.

Attach file:

jpg  (32.23 KB)
177_5aca7f82a89cb.jpg 1350X709 px

Posted on: 2018/4/8 15:46
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
If it's a 6 cylinder it couldn't be a 36 of course. pictures would help a lot.

Posted on: 2018/4/8 15:50
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Quillas,
to PackardInfo and I invite you to include your '37 115C in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2018/4/8 16:57
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Bob Supina
See User information
I am puzzled by the font.

Consider this data plate of a 1937 Twelve Limousine....
The '3' and '6' are very different.

Attach file:

jpg  (69.28 KB)
441_5acaa28c90af9.jpg 796X492 px

Posted on: 2018/4/8 18:15
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Styles changed over time, different fonts for vehicle numbers in different eras - compare a 55/56 data plate numerals with the 40s, 30s, 20s, etc, many differences.

But we were talking about the theft-proof numbers, that font never changed. The font I showed was Packards proprietary font from the early years and used mostly for their advertising copy text. I showed it mostly to show the digit 1 being represented by an I.

Posted on: 2018/4/8 18:25
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Quillas
See User information
It could be a 2 to start it. Since everything else is numeric. Here's the back story on the car, my Dad bought it back in 1967. At the time the car was painted black and had a cream convertible top, with red interior. Since the old convertible top was shot he had it replaced with a tan one in 1968. I remember before it went in for some of the restoration work that some of the black paint have bubbled up and there was a cream color underneath. Since my dad never had the build sheets I am trying to figure out what it was supposed to be originally.

Attach file:

jpeg  (146.45 KB)
174730_5acc0229e868e.jpeg 2048X1536 px

Posted on: 2018/4/9 19:16
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
Looks like someone at Packard loaded the 2 upside-down.

Posted on: 2018/4/9 19:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
It looks like it might of been a "7" that someone tried to turn in something else.

Posted on: 2018/4/9 20:10
I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you

Bad company corrupts good character!

Farming: the art of losing money while working 100 hours a week to feed people who think you are trying to kill them
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved