Happy St. Patty's Day and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
25 user(s) are online (17 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 25

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Door Panels
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Ricky Dillinger
See User information
I have no door panels or rear panels in my 50 Club Sedan. I have looked all over the web for replacements and found nothing. I've only found 4 door panels. I was thinking of an upholstery shop to reproduce them. But I have no templates.
I've got nothing.And there is only one little shop in my small town.And they don't seem to be interested. The guy didn't even know what a Packard was.

Posted on: 2021/3/4 1:01
 Top  Print 

Re: Door Panels
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

point
See User information
make a template off your door, get newspaper little masking tape put it on your door cut and punch out what is needed
then go back to the uph shop buy the hard board backing and cut them out ,save a lot of money when u go to get them upholstered
i do it that way all the time

Posted on: 2021/3/4 1:59
 Top  Print 

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
You should be able to find someone on here that has the same model you have that could provide pictures for reference. I would branch out and find a different shop that is interested once you have a photos of that the panels should look like. Find a auto upholstery shop as opposed to a general upholstery place.

Posted on: 2021/3/4 8:25
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

bkazmer
See User information
The pattern differs by model (I know that the 22nd series 8 and 8 deluxe have different door panels). So make sure that the ones you copy are for your model

Posted on: 2021/3/4 9:37
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
BigKev's idea is a good one. Do you have the stainless trim for the door panels? It would probably be helpful if you could identify the trim/pattern needed for your model, e.g., Standard Eight, Deluxe Eight, Super Eight or Super Deluxe Eight. Since Packard dropped the Custom Club Sedan with the 23rd Series, it can't be that.

Edit: bkazmer beat me to it.

Posted on: 2021/3/4 9:54
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
SMS in Oregon can make them for you and MAY have a template if they did some before. Look them up and give a call or email!

Posted on: 2021/3/4 12:29
 Top  Print 

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Ricky Dillinger
See User information
Thanks. I'll try SMS. I live out in the sticks.I have nothing even remotely close to me. I have to use the internet to get anything.

But it still beats living in the city.

Posted on: 2021/3/5 2:56
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Is it a 23 series or 24 1950?
If left over '49, "-5-", I have a 49.
Best to look at pictures of '50 interiors. I might have a '50 interior picture, if needed.
There's a trim code that should be on the cowl body tag. But some of these were stenciled or inked and aren't legible. I had to reverse match to my cloth.
You can look up the trim code and corresponding material in the parts list.
My panels are here but not "good", but the upholstery guy said he could make new ones. I bought the material. The bottom kick panel is vinyl, but bought leather for that.

You can DYI, get a piece of underlayment or door card and cut out to fit. Auto upholstery shop should have. Sandwich thin foam and the cloth. The hard part is sewing decorations and seem for the bottom and making the arm rest. Spray adhesive and glue to the panel then fold over the edges and staple. Trim excess. Install with trim screws. Don't remember but may need some clips. There up in the garage loft covered up. Let me know if it's a 23 then I can take some photos.

Posted on: 2021/3/6 14:06
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
I believe he said it was a 1950 but then someone else indicated that the Club Sedan had been dropped for the 23rd series so I’m a bit confused!

Posted on: 2021/3/6 14:19
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
I said that Packard dropped the CUSTOM Club Sedan with the 23rd Series.

Posted on: 2021/3/6 21:44
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved