Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
227 user(s) are online (138 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 224

bkazmer, CarFreak, Kenbwisc, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Window Stuck
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information

Windows was the question in response to an earlier post above-I just remember the print screen being not too helpful without lots of extra work. I'm familiar with the mac--although on mine I also have a program called snap pro x. cmd shift 4 works as above but cmd shift 3 brings up the program which gives many more options including capturing video.

Posted on: 2009/4/18 11:04
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
On a Windows platform, PrntScreen captures the entire screen. Alt-PrntScreen captures the current active window. Both send the capture to the ClipBoard, so you have to paste the image into another program for saving and editing.

If you do a search on Download.com (my favorite program finder) for "Screen Capture", you should be able to find several utilities that give you more control, and make it easier.

Posted on: 2009/4/18 11:56
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
Guys,
Thanks for the help and chatter!
My Packard Window is NOW unstuck.
Now I need to get a new glass and install it w/o mishap. Another new lesson in DIY rollin'-restoration work.

As for Mircosoft Windows, I seldom go there.
Bill G can get stuck and unstuck on his own.
I'd rather run this laptop on Linux (Ubuntu) and avoid my annual Windows meltdown (since 2006).

IMAGE CAPTURE AND UPLOADING:
The image capture advise is all helpful and accurate.
[HH56 always comes up with the right Packard Parts Book diagram for everybody's questions. He has a bullseye for that skill set]. My efforts are morelike ...
I realize my image loadup problems on PInfo have been my fault. I would browse for the image, but then NOT go to 'upload' it before submitting my reply to the forum thread.
If you have done that, you know what happens. If you have not tried it, DO SO. It is just like trial-and-error Packard repair at a digital level.

Smilin' on a Saturday
DanL

Posted on: 2009/4/18 14:30
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
There are windows and then there are windows. This thread seems to have covered both, but it's good to hear that your Packard window now works as it should Dan.

Posted on: 2009/4/18 16:39
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Daniel Leininger
See User information
A-men!

Posted on: 2009/4/18 16:48
[i][size=small][color=000066]Dan'L in SD
41ParPack
First of the Clippers
[
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Also don't forget all the part plates for the various Parts List have been extracted, cropped, and filed away in the photo archive. So you guys can always reference those also.

Posted on: 2009/4/19 16:19
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Baird
See User information
There are several area screen capture programs available. I use Screen Hunter. It is a free download and it allows you to draw a rectangle around the portion you want to capture.

Posted on: 2009/4/19 19:06
North Hills Packards
2 - 1949 Super Convertibles
1949 Club Sedan
1947 Custom Sedan
Completed a book on the 22nd & 23rd series cars
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

dallas
See User information
Hi Dan, When replacing your window I would recommend going to a local glass shop. My friend and I have had good experiences using the locals. One reason is that your original glass can be used as a pattern,plus can be removed from the lift channel, channel cleaned or repaired/painted if necessary, then new glass installed in the lift channel. Also, no shipping costs incurred. Good Luck!

Posted on: 2009/4/19 20:03
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Carl Madsen
See User information
Quote:
I also have a program called snap pro x. cmd shift 4 works as above but cmd shift 3 brings up the program which gives many more options including capturing video.

I really like Snap Pro X. Capture video works on all different formats, handy for those videos that don't let you save. The screen image can go directly to the printer, clipboard, or file format of your choice.

Posted on: 2009/4/19 20:23
-Carl | [url=https://packardinfo.
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved