Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
149 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 148

Ozstatman, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Radiator 48 Packard
Just popping in
Just popping in

patrick48packard
See User information
Hello. I am in need of a radiator for my newly acquired 1948 Packard Touring Sedan 22 Series.

In addition, if any of you are located here in the Portland Oregon area, I would like to get recommendations on mechanics in this area that work on classic cars.

Posted on: 2021/9/13 16:13
 Top  Print 

Re: Radiator 48 Packard
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Which model or engine, radiators differ?

No local shops that can do a recore of yours?

Posted on: 2021/9/13 17:11
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
No help with a mechanic but maybe someone in the Portland area will see your post and have a suggestion.

I doubt you will find any NOS or even aftermarket new radiators for Packards. There is just not much demand for stocking something that might sell one or two pieces as compared to a few dozen for Fords or Chevys of the same era. Nothing from another mfg will be a direct drop in either although with some model years, owners have fabricated mounting brackets and made do. Not sure that has happened on a 22 or 23 series because it is a different shape than later more conventional shaped radiators. You could try our main vendors, Kanter Auto or Max Merritt and see what they say about finding one. You might find used from one of the posters on the forum but unless yours is totally missing and you need a core there would be no guarantee used would be in much better shape than what you have.

You can get a new aluminum radiators built at several custom fabrication places and that is what some have done but they do not look stock. One custom site has the specs and maybe even a radiator already made for the one used in a 48 station sedan. Prices range around $1000-1200. Otherwise, your best bet will be to remove the radiator and take it to a radiator shop to have a new core installed. That price is currently running around $600-800 but with the size of the pre 51 radiators and the climbing price of a copper core it is still not a cheap thing to replace.

Posted on: 2021/9/13 17:11
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
Take your old one to Mac's Radiator for a re-core. I use the Mac's in Bend, OR but they have one in the Portland area too. You've never find an NOS or new one anywhere so if yours is missing, you'll have to find one used, then re-core it.

Posted on: 2021/9/13 17:57
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day patrick48packard,
to PackardInfo.

I invite you to include your '48 Touring Sedan in the Packard Vehicle Registry.

Posted on: 2021/9/13 22:06
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

moodydavid16
See User information
Same here

Posted on: 2022/3/8 16:36

Checkup on your friends.

1948 Super Eight Touring Sedan
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved