Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
141 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 139

kevinpackard, DM37, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Clock repair recommendations
Home away from home
Home away from home

LOL
See User information
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a place to have my clock restored? It works on occasion and I think it's time (no pun intended) that I get it fixed.

I found a local clock repair shop but he has asked me what the amperage draw is for the clock and I have no idea how to answer that. I obviously know the voltage (6 V) but have no idea what the amperage would be.

Thanks for the help,
Crin

Posted on: 2021/10/9 10:14
 Top  Print 

Re: Clock repair recommendations
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Don't recall ever seeing specs on Borg clocks which is the one most often used. For what its worth, almost all were fused with an SFE-2 fuse. In 53 they went to the AGA-3 fuse probably due to the SFE-2 amp being harder to find (and it seems to be completely gone today) and the AGA was still able to use the same size holder. I would guess the current draw for the clock is around 1 amp max and unless the winding mechanism is sticking, that is only for a few milliseconds.

Cannot offer a recommendation for servicing but there are some comments in this thread maybe worth looking thru.https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=198687&keywords=borg+clock

Posted on: 2021/10/9 11:05
Howard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Marty or Marston
See User information
Not sure if it matters with the clock, but make sure they know the car has a positive ground

Posted on: 2021/10/9 19:46
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
Yes, The Clock Works
Edge River WI
715 479 5759
Running right daily since 2017.

Posted on: 2021/10/13 15:03
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Pack120c
See User information
Bob's Speedometer restored the clock from my '37 One Twenty. Great to work with.

Bob's Speedometer
10123 Bergin Road
Howell, MI 48843

Bruce Woolsey - President

ph: (810)632-0400
www.bobsspeedometer.com

Posted on: 2021/10/13 16:02
 Top  Print 
Like (1)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved