Happy St. Patty's Day and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
43 user(s) are online (35 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 42

Packard Don, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

Front floor mat/carpet
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Wheelhorse76
See User information
Every so often I'll post on here but I'm looking for a pattern or mat I can get for the front of my '49 22nd series .

Posted on: 2022/8/8 14:23
 Top  Print 

Re: Front floor mat/carpet
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I don't think anyone has provided an actual pattern but when I was working on my 47 and asked carpet questions, as the 47-8 models are so similar BDeB posted some photos of a 48 Custom carpet. Those can be found here and might be of some help.

It was followed up a bit later on another thread with a photo having some measurements of the hump cutout.

Attach file:

jpg  Carpet pad.jpg (163.30 KB)
209_62f1664baeed8.jpg 1200X900 px

Posted on: 2022/8/8 14:43
Howard
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Wheelhorse76
See User information
Wow thank you that's some point on info that helps . I'll take my front seat out and start from the middle and work my way out . Thanks again .

Posted on: 2022/8/8 15:39
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

John
See User information
This is good to know. John

Posted on: 2022/8/8 16:33
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fish'n Jim
See User information
Search back because I think someone had some made or there was a lot of discussion. Might be Sam's '50 but not sure.

Posted on: 2022/8/10 12:04
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I think only the Customs had carpet in the front. Other models used a rubber mat with a hogs hair material embedded in part of the mat. A hogs hair material was used to carpet the rear. Common practice to use carpeting. If you do get a heel pad from Steele to place under the pedals area.

Posted on: 2022/8/11 11:14
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
JWL, not sure how much to trust my memory on this but I'm rather confident that the 22nd Series Eight had a full rubber mat in front without any hogs hair inserts, ditto the 23rd series Eight. I do recall that hybrid rubber/carpet product, I'm thinking it was a feature of the Eight Deluxe or perhaps the Super Eight though I thought the Super had full front carpet of a lesser quality that the Custom. The Custom as you note had full front carpet, Mosstred, by Blumenthal Mills.

I suppose the full answer is out there in the Packard literature for those interested in digging for it.

Posted on: 2022/8/11 13:14
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Wheelhorse76
See User information
Yup your correct the 22's had rubber mat in the front . Far as my situation anything would be better than bare metal .

Posted on: 2022/8/11 19:14
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Quote:

Owen_Dyneto wrote:
JWL, not sure how much to trust my memory on this but I'm rather confident that the 22nd Series Eight had a full rubber mat in front without any hogs hair inserts, ditto the 23rd series Eight. I do recall that hybrid rubber/carpet product, I'm thinking it was a feature of the Eight Deluxe or perhaps the Super Eight though I thought the Super had full front carpet of a lesser quality that the Custom. The Custom as you note had full front carpet, Mosstred, by Blumenthal Mills.

I suppose the full answer is out there in the Packard literature for those interested in digging for it.

Owen, I trust your memory over mine. Just pointing out about the absence of carpet in the front area except for the senior car(s).

Posted on: 2022/8/12 12:31
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ernie Vitucci
See User information
Our 1949 288 Deluxe has original carpet in the front compartment, however not on the firewall. Ernie in Arizona.

Posted on: 2022/8/12 17:28
Caretaker of the 1949-288 Deluxe Touring Sedan
'Miss Prudence' and the 1931 Model A Ford Tudor 'Miss Princess'
 Top  Print 

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved