Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
164 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 162

West Peterson, Marty or Marston, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: New member with new Packard
Just popping in
Just popping in

PackardStan
See User information
"Anyway, thanks for posting. Nice car. Don't be afraid to post questions as long as it's not one of the endless debates/discussions that pop up from time to time, like oil weight, radial vs. bias, or paint colors."

Definitely! I have got plenty of other technical questions in the que.

Stan

Posted on: 2023/7/10 5:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
Great car. Interesting that it has the 12-cylinder headlights on it. I wonder if that was ordered by the original owner, or if they were put on when it was painted. Also has 12-cylinder front bumper, which is a little less unusual than the headlights on a Super Eight, but still not very often seen.
Beautiful car.

Posted on: 2023/7/10 6:41
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

PackardV16
See User information
PackardStan - VERY cool 1932 Deluxe Eight Packard Phaeton!!! Isn't this the car that was sold this past summer at an auction at a farm estate in Missouri? I have been looking for a 1932 Packard Deluxe Eight Phaeton for a while now, and I seriously considered bidding on that car. However, I really didn't want to take on a mechanical and/or cosmetic restoration. Been there, done that before. The auction description said that the engine was frozen. If you bought the auction car, maybe you'll get lucky by dousing the cylinders with Marvel Mystery Oil for a long period of time, and then working the engine over by hand - not by the starter. However, if necessary, rebuilding the 8 cylinder engine is not the the end of the world. Easier than a 12 cylinder, by far.

Regardless, I'm jealous!!! My absolute dream car. ENJOY!!!

Posted on: 1/17 23:18
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
PackardV16, the Registy Entry for this Packard indicates it came from Missouri.

Posted on: 1/18 0:30
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Karl
See User information
Hi Stan,
if I hadn't found my 1924 Sport Phaeton, I would be extremely jealous of your 1932 903 Phaeton. How about you introduce yourself and your automobile in the “Pre-War” forum and “throw yourself to the wolves” there. Either way, you'll find that this Packard information page can be extremely helpful. In any case, the members have helped me a lot in many cases to save time and find the right answers and how and what to do. In order to avoid driving from one breakdown to the next when purchasing a Packard of this age, a detailed inventory of all technical components is extremely important. Especially if no clear and verifiable documents were provided for the vehicle. And if the car hasn't been driven for a few years, you'll have a lot of work to do before you can really enjoy the car. For me, it has always been fun to bring a vehicle into top technical condition. If you're lucky with the purchase, you'll be able to have fun with the car very quickly. If you're unlucky, it can take a long time and cost a lot. I keep my fingers crossed that you were a lucky guy.

Karl

from Germany

Posted on: 1/18 9:31
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved