Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
63 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 61

PackardSanta, humanpotatohybrid, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

identifying my 1937 Packard
Just popping in
Just popping in

KarelS
See User information
Looking to identify my convertible sedan from 1937...
Chassis and front body, 6 cylinder, all would identify as a 115c convertible.
It has 2 rows os seats though.
I’m aware Graber used to convert the convertble coupe 115 into a sedan. This one looks quite different. I guess this is a one of a kind transformation done in a barn, though the finish and quality of the work is superb.´

Any ideas where to find info?

I’d be quite grateful...

Regards,

Karel (Belgium)

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: Today 10:01
 Top  Print   

Re: identifying my 1937 Packard
Home away from home
Home away from home

TxGoat
See User information
Isn't that a Victoria? I don't see any reference to such a car in the 1937 Packard salesman's book. A convertible Victoria was offered in the Super Eight line, but I see no reference to such a car in the 110 or 120 lines. You probably have a custom bodied car, whether factory or outside supplied, or perhaps a special export model.

Posted on: Today 11:47
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
It's a convertible victoria and not a factory offering. I suggest you look carefully for coachbuilder's identification, often found on the lower edge of the cowl, or on doorsills, sometimes underneath carpets, etc. Creating these convertible victorias on the junior series Packards was especially popular with European coachbuilders. If it still carries the original vehicle number, the first 4 digits should tell you what the original factory vehicle was, I'd guess at a 1084 5-passenger touring coupe.

Posted on: Today 13:12
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day KarelS,
to PackardInfo.

I invite you to include your '37 Packard Convertible in PackardInfo's Packard Vehicle Registry.

Posted on: Today 14:50
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardsix1939
See User information
This car is definitely a custom body job, most likely by a European coach builder. The only factory convertible offering from Packard in 1937 on the 115C chassis was the two seat Convertible Coupe. There was a four door Convertible Sedan available only on the 120 chassis along with a two seat 120 Convertible Coupe. But no Victoria on either Junior chassis.

Posted on: Today 15:03
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved