Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
135 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 135

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Re: 1948 Antenna Removal
Home away from home
Home away from home

Gerard O'Keefe
See User information
I had the same problem with my 48 Custom 8.I actually found a NOS one on Ebay.I hate to say what I paid.From what I was told, Buick and Hudson antenna will not fit Packard.

Posted on: 2009/7/9 18:20
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
If I can get the dang thing out I'll be able to tell you if a Hudson one will fit, as I have two of them in the garage waiting to replace the broken one on the car. I hope it fits, and if it does I'll be one happy camper!

Posted on: 2009/7/9 20:33
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Just wondered if anyone measured the thickness of the steel. If 3/32 width, is there any extra room or possibility 1/8 width would fit. McMaster-Carr has 1/8 x various thicknesses starting at .015 and other places have thinner stuff in other categories so something is probably out there. As to broken masts, a few dimension would also be appreciated. These things are so unique and apparently now scarce it might be nice to have some options for repair if they can be found. Yesterdays Radio repros the knobs but haven't seen mechanical parts that I recall.

I could have sworn someone posted an exploded parts view or a link to one a few days ago, but didn't find it yesterday. If anyone remembers what thread it was in would you post the link for BBCchris.

Posted on: 2009/7/10 9:15
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

Chris
See User information
Since most of my cars parts came dumped in boxes the parts picture plates have been very helpful in putting it all back together. I've looked all over the place for a exploded picture of the antenna assembly, but can't seem to turn one up. I think I have all the parts but would like to see what it's supposed to look like assembled from the interior of the car.
-Chris

Posted on: 2009/7/10 9:51
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
There is an exploded drawing on page 12 of Yesterdays Radiohttp://www.yesterdaysradio.com/ catalog. It shows the mounting pieces but not the internal workings. That's probably the article or view I remembered seeing yesterday.

Posted on: 2009/7/10 16:43
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Howard,

I'm with you in that I thought I saw an exploded parts view on a PackardInfo post some days ago. The view on Page 12 of Yesterdaysradio catalog doesn't look like the one I remember seeing.

Posted on: 2009/7/10 18:19
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
Well, that's three of us. I spent about an hour yesterday looking for it because I know darn well I saw it. No luck.

Posted on: 2009/7/10 23:15
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Eric Boyle
See User information
Make it four, I remember an exploded parts view of the antenna but I can't remember where. Once everything dies down around here I'll get pics and dimensions of mine, it's all apart and laying in the garage, except the main piece which is still in the car because I still cannot get the knob off!

Posted on: 2009/7/10 23:24
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Thanks guys. Even tho I'm at the point hallucinations are to be expected, glad to know it hasn't reached the full exploded drawing stage.

Posted on: 2009/7/11 9:18
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

yesterdaysradio
See User information
Eric,

Many times there is one set screw on top of another one.The hole is rather deep and the first set screw is only about 1/8 and the second is usually 3/16.
The shaft has a v-groove and the set screw has a point. Many times the shaft got scored by the point if the screw loosened. Have someone hold the antenna and see if the knob will wiggle.

Jerry

Posted on: 2009/7/11 15:42
 Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3) 4 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved