Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
219 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 217

TxGoat, David Timberlake, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2) 3 »

Re: Afton Station Packard Museum Oklahoma
Just popping in
Just popping in

Afton Station
See User information
Thanks for all the welcomes! I'm sure I'll enjoy this group, and will refer it to my ex-husband David, with whom I share the museum and who's really the major "Packard guy" at Afton Station. There's another short video on YouTube that will further acquaint you with the cars in our museum, as well as the Route 66 part of the museum. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19rfD-mC__E

Laurel
Afton Station, OK

Posted on: 2009/9/15 19:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard53
See User information
Laurel: A BIG WELCOME to you and David. What both of you have done is what a lot of use in here wish we could do.

Your restored station brings back many memories of my spending many hours at a small unrestored Packard dealership in my hometown that was owned by the late Brad Berry.

John F. Shireman

Posted on: 2009/9/15 21:15
REMEMBERING BRAD BERRY MY PACKARD TEACHER
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

kens53clip
See User information
I have a 1953 Clipper originally with the KO color scheme, Orchard green bottom, Galahad Green top. Looks like it is a 1953 Clipper with an OK color scheme, Galahad Green bottom and Orchard Green top. An OK in OK! How appropriate!

Posted on: 2009/9/16 8:58
Ken
53 Clipper Deluxe 4 Dr.

Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Gerard O'Keefe
See User information
Recognized most of the cars in the video as Dave Kane lived in Connecticut and was a member of my club (Eastern Packard).The 1953 Clipper Deluxe is an all original very low mileage car that was formally owned by Neal Donovan.The 58 Hawk was a full restoration from the ground up.I believe Dave and his wife drove from Connecticut to California in the 57 Clipper which I believe had factory AC.

Posted on: 2009/9/16 14:16
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Afton Station
See User information
It took me a while to get back to this site, but now I see a posting from someone who knows David Kane from the Eastern Packard Club, and I'm wondering who you are. I'm David's ex-wife, Laurel. We moved to Oklahoma and opened our little museum then got divorced, but we're still friends and own and run the museum together. You're right, the green '53 Clipper belonged to Neal Donovan, the '58 Hawk was indeed a ground up restoration, and we did drive across the country (all secondary roads, no interstates for us!) in the '57 Clipper. You have a great memory, and I can't wait to find out who you are.

Laurel Kane
Afton, OK

Posted on: 2009/10/2 18:32
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Afton Station wrote:.....I see a posting from someone who knows David Kane from the Eastern Packard Club, and I'm wondering who you are.........I can't wait to find out who you are. Laurel Kane Afton, OK

Laurel,

Click on GTO's name in the post made above.

Posted on: 2009/10/4 21:02
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

chad hoover
See User information
i can vouch that the packards get drive'n. i first met dave and laurel at our regional meet we held in kearny mo. they had just picked up the blue 55 400 and drove it on our tour we had during that regional. i have not been able to talk to either of them in some time, and hope i will get to soon. i have been to the station, and i think it is a must see!

Posted on: 2009/10/25 1:36
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Nice videos and great cars. Never knew there were Hupps of that late vintage. That's part of Route 66 I have never seen... always taking I35 to OK City and then west.

The cross-country trip with the Packard would be a great addition to the old Packard Road Trips thread. If I can find it to resurrect.

Question: We all know that Studebaker used the Packard V8s in some of their models, did any of the Packard badged '57 and '58 cars use it, or did they all get the 289? Ironical if there were no Packard powered Packards in the last years.

Question for Laurel: where did the interest in Packards originate for you and Dave?

ED: Link to thread, including some Route 66 "Old Road" pics--west of Afton.
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=2193&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&type=&mode=0&start=0

Posted on: 2009/10/25 12:57
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Believe the only model Studebaker ever made with a Packard engine was the 56J-Golden Hawk. In 57-8, believe the only engine available for Packard named cars was the 289--with and possibly without supercharger.

Posted on: 2009/10/25 13:15
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Vesiapina
See User information
Sorry to post to such old thread!

Is this the blue 400 from Aston Station?http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=6b9_1363838110

Can someone please tell me what colour is the darker blue? Is it Ultramarine blue or something else? I'm having trouble to find even a picture of a Packard 400 with Ultramarine Blue paint. My Packard will be painted soon and it will have Ultramarine Blue and Moonstone White top. It has the GE paint code.

Jani

Posted on: 2014/3/20 12:37
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2) 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved