Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
239 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 239

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

1928 Packard 533
Just popping in
Just popping in

worthy40
See User information
I am the third generation owner of this one family car, but I was wondering how to determine if it is a sedan, limousine or touring model. It is a 7 passenger car.

Attach file:

jpg  (54.42 KB)
2491_4bbdf6026c1c4.jpg 1280X960 px

Posted on: 2010/4/8 10:28
 Top  Print   

Re: 1928 Packard 533
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Can you take a picture of the Patent Plate? That should tell us alot.

Posted on: 2010/4/8 10:32
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

gunnison
See User information
Open the right-rear door, lift up the edge of the carpet. Fastened to the sill should be a small, rectangular brass plate, on which will be stamped the body type number followed by the production number. Let us know what you find. Is there a dealer name stamped on the firewall data plate? Thanks.

Posted on: 2010/4/8 10:46
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G;day worthy40,
to PackardInfo. Pictures of, or the information from, the plates mentioned should allow the experienced members here to positively identify your Packard. And a request of you, once positively identified could you please include your '28 533 in the Packard Owner's Registry here, together with a pic, any known history and how you acquired it?

Posted on: 2010/4/8 15:36
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I believe for your Packard to be a limousine it must have a divider window between the driver and passenger compartments. Whatever body style it is an attractive automobile.

([I}o)

Posted on: 2010/4/8 16:49
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

worthy40
See User information
I found the body # 304 1671 thank you for your help,was wondering if anyone has an idea of the value of this unrestored car.Complete original car seems pretty clean of rust has been indoors for thirty years and ran about ten years ago any and all help would be appreciated. Very difficult to determine just looking around.

Attach file:

jpg  (155.82 KB)
2491_4bc8831fdb8d7.jpg 1280X959 px

jpg  (124.46 KB)
2491_4bc8837d4cabb.jpg 1280X959 px

Posted on: 2010/4/16 10:36
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
Body #304 corresponds to a 5th Series, 133" wheelbase, 5-7 passenger sedan (no divider window). The 5-7 passenger "touring" would be an open car.

I don't know the answer to your question about value, but there are 3 major things prospective buyers will be most interested in knowing: (1) completeness & authenticity (no mongrelization), (2) condition of the wood body structure, and (3) soundness of the engine & drivetrain. If the structural body wood is in poor condition, the cost to replace/repair it to all but the most accomplished restorer will be, perhaps staggering is a bit of an exaggeration, extremely beyond any final value of a finished restoration so buyers might well be limited to just those to whom the cost of restoration (or returning to roadworthiness as an original) is not a significant factor.

Posted on: 2010/4/16 10:59
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ray17015
See User information
Not to take the thread in an unintended direction, but the wood work, while outside a restorers normal repertoire, is quite simple. The joinery is straight forward, and there is not really that much wood to begin with. I think that it is funny for a group of guys who can turn wrenches to a few thousandths in multiple directions, are intimidated by a dovetail,and a wood plane. As for value---- mine, with most all dry rotted wood, is worth about 12 cents a pound. But one day....,

Ray,

Posted on: 2010/4/24 18:54
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

duh
See User information
Worth is relative. Though vehicles generally appreciate with age after a certain point, they are only worth what one would pay for said model. Check auction lists from the last three years to get a general idea. Don't be suprised to not find your model there though. I don't think there ate a lot of them out for purchase at the moment.

Posted on: 2010/4/24 21:47
If it wasn't for those meddling kids, and their dog too...

1952 200 deluxe touring- its a goer...but not a stopper. Just ask my neighbour about her flower bed.
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

OurMissBrooks
See User information
This car remains in Portland, Oregon. The new owner has decided to leave the car as found, with the exception of new exhaust and new wiring. A set of used tires currently sit under this car. The fuel and brake systems have been gone through and the engine runs quite nicely. The car has not seen the road yet due to family stuff.

On a side note the original tools were under the front seat. What a thrill to find! If the stars align the car will be at Forest Grove Concours in July 2015.

Posted on: 2014/11/2 0:36
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved