Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
158 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 158

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

novi air conditioner
Just popping in
Just popping in

53 clipper
See User information
just purchased 53 clipper deluxe 4 door it has novi air conditioner was this a add on after market unit sits in trunk and grills and plastic with switch plate under dash i bought this car for parts that where missing on my 2 door clipper is anyone interested in the unit also have rebuildable p/b unit and complete unit in box new i needed the bumper and grill assy does anyone know of a chrome plater that does these at a reasonable price have a spare oil bath air cleaner assy believe its for a 4 bbl carb has neck much larger than my 2 bbl carb have spare ultramatic trans

Posted on: 2010/6/27 18:15
 Top  Print   

Re: novi air conditioner
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Novi was aftermarket. The original factory unit in 53-4 was also in the trunk but was Frigidaire with the controls (3 knobs) in a pod like enclosure at the space between base of the steering column and dash below speedometer. There were also two air vent feeds coming through the upper fender at either side of rear window.

If you have the opportunity to post some pictures, I and others am sure would be very interested to see what the system looked like and how they mounted and drove the compressor. Does the compressor have a clutch or is it the continuous always on drive like Packard used?

I don't know any platers on the East coast but hopefully someone will give you a lead. Bumpers shouldn't be horrible but if the grill price is like out here, be sitting down when you get a price. Even though it comes apart, that surround is one large hard to handle fragile pot metal piece.

Posted on: 2010/6/27 19:17
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

53 clipper
See User information
the compressor was mounted ontop of head drivers side and ran all the time there are also clear plexi type horns that run from shelf to the headliner facing forward im learning a lot from your forum my engine starts so quickley with 6 volt system 3 turns of engine after sitting one year with old gas the previous owner was going to hot rod car i guess im saving a piece of history

Posted on: 2010/6/27 19:42
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
53 clipper wrote: just purchased 53 clipper deluxe 4 door.......
G'day 53 clipper,
to PackardInfo, and I invite you to include your '53 Clipper in the Packard Owner's Registry here, together with a pic, any known history and how you acquired it?

Posted on: 2010/6/28 4:39
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packard1949
See User information
You might try Hanlon plating in Richmond Va

hanlonccp@cs.com they did a 49 Packard front bumper for me a couple of years ago. None of then are cheap!

Posted on: 2010/6/28 7:04
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

gone1951
See User information
Quote:
im learning a lot from your forum my engine starts so quickley with 6 volt system 3 turns of engine after sitting one year with old gas

Couldn't resist this one. For all the guys that are convinced that 12 volts is the only way.

My 51 starts after sitting over night with less than one full turn. After a week when the crappy gas has evaporated somewhat maybe has to turn 3 to 4 revolutions. My engine is worn out with 60K on it. The compression is all over the place. #8 cylinder only has 60 pounds compression. It still starts well with a 6 volt system. Should prove that when the carb, spark and the wireing are correct 6 volts is all you need.

Posted on: 2010/6/28 12:57
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

frady
See User information
I would be interested in this novi unit. I would need all the unit except the crank pully and compressor mounting brackets. The unit had long rubber hoses from engine compartment to rear unit and most inportant was the 6 volt valve in the engine compartment. I may not be able to afford your cost of removing and shipping by freight carrier etc.. I owned one of these units in my 55 Ford in the late 50,s. I have another 55 ford now. Thanks

Posted on: 2010/7/19 11:24
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day frady,
to PackardInfo. Seems I can't ask you to include your Packard in the Packard Owner's Registry here, because you have a '55 Ford. But if ever you do, could you please keep this in mind?

Posted on: 2010/7/19 15:39
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

Charles Neuhaus
See User information
Hanlon plated my 56 Patrician bumpers and after about three years the chrome began to peel off. I found after I had them done that Hanlon skips the copper plate phase. I cannot recommend Hanlon.

Posted on: 2010/7/19 17:01
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved