Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
231 user(s) are online (169 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 230

53 Cavalier, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 3 »

Glovebox color
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
I want to order some flocking material and am questioning the colors. I have a horribly worn 47 Custom box that looks to be gray in some areas there is still flocking and darker beige brown in others. Was wondering if anyone has one in decent enough condition to guess at the original interior color. Also would be curious if the 22-23 boxes was similar or same.

Same with the 56 box. I have a repro bought years ago that was covered with a gray cloth. I thought then it might be a bit light but old box was too gone to tell. Since this one is now in sad shape & I need to make another box shorter for the AC system clearance, would like to do it up reasonably close. Choices from Donjer is silver which is close to what I have or charcoal gray--considerably darker. Would appreciate any observations as to what was there.

Posted on: 2011/3/30 16:12
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Glovebox color
Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
My 23rd series Custom glovebox interior is not flocked. It has patterned cardboard.

Posted on: 2011/3/30 19:47
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
The parts book, which I'm sure you checked, shows an alternate glove box for 55 AC equipped cars. It only shows one glove box for 1956?
I had never given that a thought till you mentioned it.

Posted on: 2011/3/30 19:53
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Went out to the garage and double-checked both boxes out there. The silver color would more closely approximate the original color and also better highlight the items in the box.

Posted on: 2011/3/30 20:06
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Thanks for the color info. Maybe the cloth was close after all. Hopefully someone will have a 47 to confirm that one. I am thinking with the woodgrain dash, it is probably the brownish but will wait before ordering. Am surprised they did not flock the 23rd custom--but maybe with the flock wearing off, the pattern was determined to be better.

Posted on: 2011/3/30 20:44
Howard
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
51-54, no flocking. Just textured mat-board like material.

Posted on: 2011/3/30 20:53
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

gone1951
See User information
Sorry to break in on your thred but I have a question. I wanted to reflock the rear speaker grill but gave up trying to find flocking. Most people I asked just looked at me with a blank stare. Couldn't find anyone that knew what I was talking about. Can you or anyone tell me whare I can find flocking?? Thanks

Posted on: 2011/4/3 14:16
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Two places I have found. Possibly also available at a local craft store such as Michaels.

http://www.donjer.com/ They have a complete kit but somewhat limited color selection.

http://www.craftflocking.com/index.php?pr=Home_Page
has more colors but on my computer, a bit hard to judge their colors..They have some assortment sample color kits which give a range of options in a particular color. Unsure about their acrylic paint/glue for our projects though.

The flock appears to be the same rayon or nylon from both. I ordered a kit from Donjer because their adhesive can be thinned with mineral spirits and sprayed. Not sure about the other. Will probably order a sample assortment of flock from them and use donjer glue.

Posted on: 2011/4/3 14:47
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Howard, I have a '47 Custom Clipper. I will try and get to the car in the next couple of days and get a photo and describe the glove box for you. I had the car at Salado, but missed your postings until I returned. I put it back in its storage unit immediately after returning. Should have something for you by Tuesday. As I recall it has a browinsh flocked interior.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2011/4/3 21:26
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Howard, my glove box interior is made of a grey colored textured cardboard, no flocking. I believe it to be original to the car. Maybe the photo will help.

(o{I}o)

Attach file:

jpg  (36.91 KB)
565_4d9b6f523966c.jpg 640X480 px

jpg  (45.41 KB)
565_4d9b6f69c70e7.jpg 640X480 px

Posted on: 2011/4/5 14:38
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 3 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved