Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
207 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 206

JW49, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Dick Benjamin
Home away from home
Home away from home

John Payne
See User information
Fellow Packard enthusiasts, many of you will know Dick Benjamin of Temecula, Southern California. Unfortunately, Dick died from complications suffered after surgery a couple of days ago and will be sadly missed. Dick was a great Packard man and had an enormous knowledge of the marque, particularly the late '40's and 50's models. I bought my '56 Patrician from Dick and have yet to meet a more honest or helpful person - a true gentleman in every sense of the word. I consider Dick a very good friend and was fortunate to be able stay with he and Nancy when John King and I visited the US earlier this year. Along with many others, I'll miss him dearly. RIP Dick. John Payne

Posted on: 2011/6/22 5:52
 Top  Print   

Re: Dick Benjamin
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Sad to hear of his passing. Thanks for letting us know.

Posted on: 2011/6/22 9:56
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

surfchuck
See User information
He was my father and I will be helping to sell off all of his parts and parts cars, I miss my Dad very much he was a great and honest man, he taught me alot about Packard's and I will try to take the reins the best I can,
Chuck

Posted on: 2011/6/27 22:47
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
He gave good advice freely and was always willing to listen and advise. A true Packard gentleman and the Packard community has lost a good friend.

Posted on: 2011/6/28 0:18
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

bksmith
See User information
I miss him like a brother. H e was a true MATE!

Posted on: 2011/6/28 3:45
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
may the Packards be plentiful in Heaven

Posted on: 2011/6/28 8:34
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mike Grimes
See User information
Dick was a man of great knowledge, sound advice, common sense, and a willingness share his wealth of information with all. We've all lost a good friend and an Packard advocate who cannot be replaced. Condolences to Nancy and their family.

Posted on: 2011/7/1 21:29
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

surfchuck
See User information
Thanks all trying to help my Mom out as much as possible, he has a ton of parts and i don't want them to go to scrap... ant ideas?.....Mom cant handle this alone and i know my Dad knows and trusts most of you but i have to do something withe inventory any ideas ?
Chuck

Posted on: 2011/7/17 20:16
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
This forum has an excellent track record of buying/selling parts. Post/list what you can, photos really help and I predict, like the Field of Dreams movie, "post it, and the buyers will come..."

DF

Posted on: 2011/7/17 23:14
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
My take on this is that Chuck is looking for "hands-on" assistance with the parts concerned. From what I understand, from some Aussie Packard guys who knew Dick, there are barns full of parts as well as some parts cars. Probably needs someone reasonably close by who could help to identify and catalog parts for sale.

Posted on: 2011/7/18 0:43
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved