Happy Easter and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
153 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 4
Guests: 149

Packard Don, Dads 56, Ted Kitzmiller, 39Rollson, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Batten Down the Hatches
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
To all my Packard friends on the East coast, bring those Packards indoors and keep them away from large trees. Hope you and your families all stay safe and secure with the Hurricane coming in.

Posted on: 2011/8/25 15:25
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print 

Re: Batten Down the Hatches
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
And send some of that rain to the Texas area, specifically the North Texas area! thanks

Hank

Posted on: 2011/8/25 15:58
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Yes, stay safe and dry. I have family in Connecticut and friends in the DC area. They are making preparations for Irene.

(o{}o)

Posted on: 2011/8/26 21:51
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print 

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

rblum
See User information
BigKev, thanks for the kind sentiment! My place lies right in the path of the "cane", hopefully all will be well.

Posted on: 2011/8/27 9:09
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
I'm about 2 miles west of the Hudson River and about 4 miles north of the George Washington Bridge so for my area we're getting the same forecast as for Manhattan - sustained winds for most of the daytime tomorrow in the range of 50 - 70 mph, and plenty of rain.

I'm not so concerned about the rain as it's high ground here, but this is a heavily treed area so tree damage to buildings and power lines will certainly come as it does in considerably lesser storms.

I've refilled the kerosene lamps (no generator), put all the outdoor furniture away or chained it to trees, stocked up on food, etc. Now we'll just have to wait and see what tomorrow brings. Thanks for the expressions of concern.

Posted on: 2011/8/27 9:13
 Top  Print 

Home away from home
Home away from home

PackardV8
See User information
Our prayers are with u all.
High wind conditions i keep helmuts,blanket, small chain saw, cell phone chargers, lighters/fluid, large pry bar in shelter area. Park one vehicle in wide clear area as far as possible away from buildings or other significanly large structures. Very bad aftermath could require personal protection items from looters and hoodlums in large metro areas or anywhere for that matter.

Night fall high winds are the worst.

Leave a couple of windows open in everything to allow for suddend air pressure changes.

Posted on: 2011/8/27 12:55
VAPOR LOCK demystified: See paragraph SEVEN of PMCC documentaion as listed in post #11 of the following thread:f
http://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=7245
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Dave Kenney
See User information
I have been watching the weather news and worrying about my Packard friends on the east coast. Good luck to you all.

Posted on: 2011/8/27 13:38

Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
Lost power 11:00 Sun morning finally got it back today at 3:30

Posted on: 2011/9/2 21:21
1938 1601 Club Coupe
 Top  Print 

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Quote:

Phils38cpe wrote:
Lost power 11:00 Sun morning finally got it back today at 3:30

Ouch! I hope you had a generator and plenty of fuel. I'd freak after one day-let alone 5.

Posted on: 2011/9/2 21:47
Howard
 Top  Print 

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved