Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
200 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 200

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

120 Exhaust Manifold Needed ('35 - 40)
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

MichaelF350
See User information
I need an exhaust manifold for 35 120 Model 893. I' believe the 282 engine series will interchange, the difference being in the choke tube heat riser housing, which I don't now use any way.

michaelandaudrey@juno.com

Michael Birmingham (Iowa)
563-209-0358

Posted on: 2012/4/30 8:59
 Top  Print   

Re: 120 Exhaust Manifold Needed ('35 - 40)
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day Michael,
to PackardInfo but sorry I can't help with the manifold, besides shipping from Australia would be horrific! But I do invite you to include your '35 120-A Touring Sedan in the Packard Owner's Registry here on PackardInfo.

Posted on: 2012/4/30 15:36
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardtaximan
See User information
Michael, Welcome to a great packard site. I hope someone can help you find a manifold. Lots of good people on this site. Hope to see you on the 5th. Packardtaximan

Posted on: 2012/4/30 17:51
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

MichaelF350
See User information
Found a manifold from a '47. The casting is thicker walled and will work just fine for my application.

Posted on: 2012/5/7 13:52
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Michael,
for including your '35 One Twenty Sedan in the Packard Owner's Registry. Very nice looking Packard.

Looking at the entry raises a couple of questions. See you have a "..gear vendor's overdrive.." and "..12 Volt w/alternator, Air Conditioned.." Be interested in knowing more about how you did these and pic's if possible?

Posted on: 2012/5/7 15:53
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
Hi Michael,

My introduction to Packard was made through my Grandmother's car which was a duplicate of your's only black. It was when I went with my mother to take Grandma's Packard in for service that I saw and fell in love with the '55/'56 Packards. I was all of 8 years old and a demonstration of the Torsion-Level suspension by the dealer "set the hook".
Her's was the more or less "trunkless" version too but it seemed to hold quite a bit to my young eyes.
I learned to drive in that car and it was my first car when I turned 16. Seeing it brings back a lot of very good memories.

Posted on: 2012/5/7 19:03
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

MichaelF350
See User information
Hi Jim,
I came from a Packard family. My dad bought a new '55 Patrician (blue/lt blue/blue) in 55 for the family prime mover and when I turned 15 we traded in my 53 Lowe Coupe for a 55 400 (roman Copper & cream) with destroyed transmission. We parked the two cars side by side and slid the entire front clip off in one piece from both cars and swapped engines and trans, and reassembled. Added dual quads. This is what I drove to high School. Now I own the 35. It caught fire last saturday and now I have to do a lot of rework. I need a complete hood assembly, a set of horns, the rear hood hold down bracket for the cowl. The chrome louvres on the hood side panels melted, so I need those too.

Posted on: 2012/5/12 21:56
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packard1949
See User information
In an effort to learn-what caused the engine fire? I store my car with the battery disconnected in fear of a fire

Posted on: 2012/5/13 11:00
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

packardtaximan
See User information
Mike, I may have a set of horns for you. I am not familiar with the 35 set-up but the set I have are on a bracket that mounts to the cylinder head. There are two horns and the relay on the bracket. The horns are offset to the left. If you think they might work let me know. Thanks Packardtaximan

Posted on: 2012/5/13 11:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don 37
See User information
My 35 120 horn setup mounted to the center of the firewall, and bolted through the firewall. I called them trumpet horns. My 37 120's have them to the left side (bulb type) or on the trumpet versions directly to the cylinder head utilizing two brackets. Not sure on 37's which is more correct, as I have had several of both types but on the 35 I have only seen the one. Personal preference are the trumpet style.

Posted on: 2012/5/13 13:19
1936 and 1937 120's Are what we like best. But we also like all other Packards too.

Don 37'
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved