Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
227 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 226

kevinpackard, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Under Dash
Home away from home
Home away from home

RichK
See User information
As I continue to envision the completion, which is a long way away, I had a thought about the under dash of the car. When I look under there I see the vent, and I also see defroster vents in the window trim. Other than a screen in the vent, that's it. Is there supposed to be any thing to channel the incoming air? Not sure what they had in those days.

Regards,
Rich

Posted on: 2012/12/20 10:47
 Top  Print   

Re: Under Dash
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Think that cowl vent just opening and dumping air back of the dash was pretty much the standard thru 47. How much air depended on how much the vent was open. Heaters and defrosters were all add on units which just recirculated the inside air.

There was an option for a fresh air supply to some of the add on heaters when Clippers arrived but not sure it was available for the conventional bodies. That option consisted of a large air tube to the front of car which carried air into an opening cut in the firewall and then into back of heater. Cable operated butterfly type valve controlled the air flow.

Posted on: 2012/12/20 11:08
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
Just make sure that the first time you open the cowl whilst going down the road that your wife isn't wearing white shorts.

Posted on: 2012/12/20 11:37
1938 1601 Club Coupe
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
That is obviously the "voice of experience"

Posted on: 2012/12/20 11:58
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Rich,

The cowl vent in your '41 110 Coupe is purely for fresh air entry into the vehicle. The defroster vents in the window trims only come into play if the vehicle is equipped with a heater.

Posted on: 2012/12/20 13:26
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved