Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
207 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 207

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

Cars and Coffee
Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
There is a "Cars and Coffee" event on the last Sunday of each month In the small town of Leander, which is about 25 miles northwest of Austin. It is an informal event where participants can display what they drive. There is no judging or prizes. Just show up, park, enjoy the other vehicles, socialize and leave when you want.

I encourage those of you who have a similar event near you to participate and show your Packards. I drove the '47 Custom Clipper there for the November meet. It was well received and really stood out from the other vehicles on display. Earlier this year I took the '37 Six Convertible Coupe. To my knowledge, these have been the only Packards that have been there.

Upon departing from the event, a gentleman from Ohio came up and we briefly visited. He is in the process of restoring a '55 Clipper Super Sedan. We exchanged information on our Fifty Fives. I did not get his name, but let me know if you read this.

(o{I}o)

Posted on: 2010/11/29 16:47
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Re: Cars and Coffee
Home away from home
Home away from home

Phil Randolph
See User information
I take my 38 coupe to about 3-4 cruise nights a week during the summer.

Posted on: 2010/11/29 19:54
1938 1601 Club Coupe
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

bobt
See User information
i love the cruises. i recently purchased an all original 41,000 mile 36 packard 120 sedan. i usually show up cruisin in one of many different makes, but i cannot wait for next summer to roll around. this car will be a ride beyond anything ive owned so far.

Posted on: 2010/11/29 21:26
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
AColds, his brother and I usually attend five or more cruises a week. We enjoy those that have good eats and usually have dinner there His 57 Clipper, his brothers 56 President and my 400 are a significant break from all the Chebbies and rods. I usually have a large can of cashews in the trunk for friendlies and US to enjoy. We get to go to a variety of cruises and not see the same cars over and over.

Posted on: 2010/11/29 21:51
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day bobt,
to you and your '36 120 Sedan to PackardInfo.

Posted on: 2010/11/29 22:49
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

acolds
See User information
One of the benefits are the nice people you meet and in my case I have learned a lot of the history of my Clipper from people who knew the original owner and even the son of the owner of the dealership. As Randy said the orphans attract a lot of attention and your car is not mistaken for any other . They do not get lost in the crowd.

Attach file:

jpg  (151.58 KB)
252_4cf49373e8b82.jpg 1600X1200 px

jpg  (153.96 KB)
252_4cf493e9823d9.jpg 1600X1200 px

Posted on: 2010/11/30 1:02
 Top  Print   

Anonymous
i recently purchased an all original 41,000 mile 36 packard 120 sedan. i usually show up cruisin in one of many different makes, but i cannot wait for next summer to roll around. this car will be a ride beyond anything ive owned so far.

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information

I thought we sent Dorothy back to Kansas.

Posted on: 2010/12/3 8:43
 Top  Print   

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved