Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
40 user(s) are online (32 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 40

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

New Guy.
Just popping in
Just popping in

SROCK67
See User information
Hi guys, new guy to the site. I just picked up my first Packard and have been doing a lot of reading on the site. I bought it with a bill of sale only and it was sold as a '36 Hearse. So I'm digging through all the info to find out for sure and have the correct numbers with me when I go to title it. It's got decent door skins and the frame is near perfect. All the wood is shot, and the doors are falling off but I love the look of it.

Attach file:

jpg  (89.47 KB)
4730_4ffaee2c84003.jpg 1280X765 px

jpg  (143.83 KB)
4730_4ffaee7c811bf.jpg 1280X765 px

jpg  (119.20 KB)
4730_4ffaeeb8129a9.jpg 1280X765 px

Posted on: 2012/7/9 9:48
 Top  Print   

Re: New Guy.
Home away from home
Home away from home

Dan Phenicie
See User information
Is Money Creek anywhere near Money Pit? Welcome ! dp

Posted on: 2012/7/9 10:44
Dan
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Dan A
See User information
Welcome! That will be a great ride fixed up and hopefully a great journey as you do.

It's key to envision the finished product to keep you going!

Lots of information here and lots of helpful people to provide it.

Posted on: 2012/7/9 11:31
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Wile
See User information
Wow! Very cool! Welcome to the site. You'll find loads of helpful information and friendly advice here.

Does your hearse have any of the drive train elements remaining? Do you plan on re-building it with the original drive-train or a more modern one?

These cars can be loads of fun so long as you look at the work with the ultimate goal in mind. Enjoy!

Posted on: 2012/7/9 11:51
PA Patrician (Tim Wile)

[size=x-small][color=000099][font=Georgia][url=https://packardinfo.c
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Hope you have a paddle. And either a lot of talent or a lot of ....
Welcome indeed. Yes, its a 36, and a very rare hearse at that.
Glad you are doing it for love, cause...

Posted on: 2012/7/9 11:52
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

SROCK67
See User information
Thanks for the welcome. I'm sure I will be looked down upon for this but I plan to rat rod this car. The amount of money,time and talent needed to "restore" this car are greater than I have. The only drivetrain left is the rearend. Someone already installed (kinda)70's ish GM a arms and spindels. I love the look of the frame with all the large holes cut already but I'm thinking of finding a donor late model vehicle for the suspension, motor/trans. Any suggestions? Also what's the best way to replace the wood? I want to remove it and weld in metal instead is there any info on this anywhere or someone who's done it and has pics?

Posted on: 2012/7/9 12:36
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
G'day SROCK67,
to PackardInfo.

Although geared more towards originality, there are some modified Packards on the Site. Whether anyone has ever "steeled" their Packard, ie replaced the wood with metal, I rather doubt. It may be better to address that aspect on a Hot Rod site where that would likely be a more common occurrence.

Lastly, I invite you to include your '36 Hearse in the Packard Owner's Registry here on PackardInfo. Each Registry entry includes a section for any modifications made which, with what you're planning on doing, should be fairly extensive!

Posted on: 2012/7/9 14:43
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Mark Stivers
See User information
Welocome to the Packard world. You'll find that the "Patina Cowboys" on the site are doing much the same as you. Your doing it for the pure fun and enjoyment of owning a Packard as we are. All of us can't afford the 100 point restoration on our cars so we live within our means and go about it the best way we can. You will enjoy the vast amount of info on, in and around this site. Some folks are die hard originals and there's nothing wrong about that. You do what's best for you. Don't let anyone judge you. They don't walk in your shoes. Definitly put it up as a project blog. I'd love to follow the transformation.

HotRod

Posted on: 2012/7/9 17:51
It is what it is....
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Garrett Cuellar
See User information
From another one of the "Patina Cowboys"!

I agree with HotRod...That seems like a very interesting project indeed! A long 1936 Hearse rat rod will catch a lot of attention. I'm interested in seeing how you go about doing that, and by all means make a project blog. I don't think you will be looked down upon bringing a Packard back to life, that's always a good thing.

-Garrett

Posted on: 2012/7/9 18:17
Garrett

1952 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan

" If you don't go when you want to go, when you do go, you'll find you've gone"- Burt Munro
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don 37
See User information
If you want it more Hearselike, I have a 1937 Henney Hearse with fancy rear side panels that I am parting out.

Posted on: 2012/7/9 18:39
1936 and 1937 120's Are what we like best. But we also like all other Packards too.

Don 37'
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved