Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
225 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 225

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 20 21 22 (23) 24 25 26 ... 29 »

Re: Larry's 1951 Club Sedan Project
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
I especially liked the end when you started up a grade and the engine sounded like a large private aircraft throttling up for takeup. Congratulations, well done!

Posted on: 2014/11/7 6:47
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
saw the vid and was like...AHHHH...get on the other side of the road....then I remembered where you are from the minute you started talking. LOL!

nice job!

Posted on: 2014/11/7 9:02
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
"Had the car inspected and on Wednesday it was fully registered for road use"
Congratulations Lee and Marilyn, to the running, driving world of Packards. Maybe you'll be able to come to the clubs Christmas lunch in December in it? It's only about 190km each way, should be a good test run scenario!

Posted on: 2014/11/7 13:47
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Sloride75
See User information
Congratulations, Larry!

Posted on: 2014/11/7 17:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Larry51
See User information
Thank you for your kind and encouraging comments gents, much appreciated.

The car's heaps quieter now but I did like the powerful sound with no exhaust - like half of a Packard Merlin!

One of the jobs yet to be done is the final polishing. (I'd like it to be as shiny as the finish on yours Henry but I doubt it will be).

Intending to head down for the Christmas Party Mal. Wheel alignment happens Tuesday, then we'll do a few short drives near home to see how she performs. The cross-ply tyres cause a fair amount of 'wandering' so I guess we'll have to put up with that. New radials will have to wait a while because of budget constraints.

Posted on: 2014/11/7 17:40
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

58L8134
See User information
Hi

Congratulations! Sure sounds great, especially under acceleration. Bet it will be a ball to drive!

Steve

Posted on: 2014/11/7 18:10
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Larry51
See User information
Thanks Steve. Waiting for the wheel alignment then I can do a 'proper' drive. Fortunately we live in a regional area so there are plenty of quiet scenic road trips to take her on.

Posted on: 2014/11/7 18:45
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Larry51
See User information
We took the '51 for her longest drive yet, about 10kms (7 miles) and all was well until I got home. While backing into the garage she boiled. It was a nice warm day here but not hot . . . .

I had arrived back from a relatively 'fast' (- up to 55mph) drive and left her idling in the driveway for around five minutes so that didn't help.

Has a new radiator and new thermostat, so shouldn't be any problem there. I will check timing and see if that is in spec. Dwell is 38 degrees which is a few degrees high (- should be 21 - 30 for Delco Remy) so will adjust points also. Radiator cap will need to be checked to see if it has 7psi pressure relief.

I haven't accurately tuned the carby yet but exhaust colour is dark and car doesn't hesitate on acceleration and starts easily so I doubt it is running too lean.

Posted on: 2014/11/8 17:44
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
If the new radiator has stock type tanks and fill opening also verify the radiator cap is long reach and not a modern standard short type.

Posted on: 2014/11/8 18:01
Howard
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
Congrats! The car looks great and I'm so glad you can take her on a drive. You have worked so hard and I'm glad you have had a great result!

Posted on: 2014/11/8 19:14
[url=h
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 20 21 22 (23) 24 25 26 ... 29 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved