Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
134 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 133

Todd W. White, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Water distribution tubes
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Just an FYI. There is a poster on the AACA Packard forum saying he has some NOS Dorman tubes "both metal and brass", 6 & 8s for sale.

Posted on: 2012/3/17 8:57
Howard
 Top  Print   

Re: Water distribution tubes
Home away from home
Home away from home

Ken_P
See User information
I was going to send him an e-mail, but he's been banned from the forum already, so I suspect he's a bad egg. It's a pity, really, as I need two of the darn things.

Posted on: 2012/3/18 1:01
1937 120 1092 - Original survivor for driving and continued preservation.
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=16514&forum=10

1937 115 1082 - Total basket case, partial restoration, sold Hershey 2015
https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=0&topic_id=6550&order=ASC&status=&mode=0
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
It probably is too good to be true. The posts appear to have been removed from general -- are still up in the for sale section as of a few minutes ago. Are these things NLA or not being repro'd at all by our regular vendors?

Posted on: 2012/3/18 8:59
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Owen_Dyneto
See User information
If you're the type that gets pleasure and satisfaction from making things yourself, you can make one from sheet brass as long as someone will loan you one for a pattern. The long crimped seam is problematic for the average home shop but the closure can be soldered.

Posted on: 2012/3/18 10:34
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

David Grubbs
See User information
I have a NOS water distribution tube for a 51-54 288 or 327 five main bearing engine. I don't know if it will work for a 9 main 327. $60 (less than I paid for it) plus shipping from MT. I bought it when I was overhauling my engine, and found out the old one was a good shape, so it is surplus to me.

Posted on: 2012/3/20 21:23
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JD in KC
See User information
Only one water manifold part number was used for all the straight eights 288/327/356/359 from '48 through '54 (P/N 351060). This was the same manifold used for the 356 starting in 1940.

Wouldn't work for a 1937 115C (6 cyl).

Quote:

Ken P wrote:
I was going to send him an e-mail, but he's been banned from the forum already, so I suspect he's a bad egg. It's a pity, really, as I need two of the darn things.

I think the guy got into hot water because he pasted the same information in about 15 threads involving water distribution tubes. Some of the threads were really old. I don't know for sure... anyway, Caveat Emptor.

And... GO NAVY!

Posted on: 2012/3/20 22:14
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
David - put my name on the tube. You deliver to Dallas, right?

Posted on: 2012/3/20 22:32
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

flackmaster
See User information
Oh, and as for AACA guy, no Packard tubes.

Posted on: 2012/3/20 22:42
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BlackBeerd
See User information
Is someone making these tubes? I looked at Kanter's site and they are only listed to call them for availability.

Anyway, I think I will be pulling my engine out yet this spring, if I need one (I think I might because of the way the temp fluctuates), I would like to know where to get one.

Posted on: 2012/3/21 8:09
1954 Clipper Super Touring Sedan -5462
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ross
See User information
The postwar tubes are brass and almost always good. I have several available. They will not cause temp fluctuation. Only engine cracking if missing or totally plugged.

Posted on: 2012/3/21 12:38
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved