Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
77 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 77

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Getting My Car Shipped
Just popping in
Just popping in

Shadow
See User information
My biggest challenge at this point is finding someone to trust with the task of moving her from Denver to Atlanta for a reasonable price. If anyone can provide some guidance I would love to hear it since I have never had a car shipped before.

Posted on: 2011/10/17 14:43
 Top  Print   

Re: Getting My Car Shipped
Home away from home
Home away from home

kens53clip
See User information
Afraid I do not have any personal experience with long-distance shipping either (mine was towed from Brunswick Georgia to Grayson, Georgia by a local wrecker firm) but I do note that ebay motors has a tab on their automotive listings listing several shippers and price quotes, so you might want to check them out. I believe the same people who sold you the '51 hearse are now selling a '52 hearse so you might want to login to ebay motors and go to that listing and see what shippers ebay motors would recommend from their locale to your locale. Maybe someone with more experience with shipping will chime in.
Ken

Posted on: 2011/10/17 16:15
Ken
53 Clipper Deluxe 4 Dr.

Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

bozonono
See User information
Check with Tom Crook in Kent WA as he is a Packard dealer. He gave me a great recommendation some years ago for shipping my 54 convert across country.

john

Posted on: 2011/10/17 16:29
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Another poster recently asked the same question. I used Interstate to transport my '55 Clipper from Baltimore to Austin. It traveled in an enclosed trailer with two or three other cars. Scheduling was not a problem, but certain times of the year and certain destinations may be difficult to schedule. The cost was about a buck a mile. Interstate in a big national vehicle transport company. I recommend them.

(o[]o)

Posted on: 2011/10/17 17:22
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
This thread on the PAC Site also has some suggestions. Includes JW's response as well!

Posted on: 2011/10/17 17:25
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Don Skotty
See User information
I definitely recommend a covered carrier. When I shipped my 42 Formal sedan from South Carolina to Colorado the hood was "lost" somewhere in Oklahoma.

Posted on: 2011/10/17 20:59
Don Skotty
1938 Super 8 1604 1116 Club Sedan
1939 Twelve
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Mr.Pushbutton
See User information
I would go with Reliable (1st choice) or Auto1, great companies, professional service. I have sent irreplacable autos with Reliable.

Posted on: 2011/10/17 21:21
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Fred Puhn
See User information
I have "lost" body parts hiring a cheap open transporter. However he had insurance and they sent me a more than adequate check right away. Check for the carrier's insurance before you commit.

For enclosed transport I found there are a huge variation in prices depending on the specifics of the trip. You should call lots of people (see Hemmings ads), check their insurance coverage, and compare prices. Sometimes you can get lucky if a transporter happens to be in the right neighborhood at the right time with an empty space on the truck.

Posted on: 2011/10/18 9:55
Fred Puhn
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

54clipper
See User information
I have used www.uship.com many times for motorcycles and cars, including my Packard from Minnesota to Baltimore. It's a great way to find the right shipper at the cheapest price. You can judge the quality of the carrier by the comments left by the people that have used them. It costs nothing to get quotes. I would only use a shipper that had excellent reviews. You can say whether or not you require an enclosed truck.

Posted on: 2011/10/18 13:57
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

West Peterson
See User information
Quote:

Don Skotty wrote:
I definitely recommend a covered carrier. When I shipped my 42 Formal sedan from South Carolina to Colorado the hood was "lost" somewhere in Oklahoma.

Is that the car my brother, Webster, restored back in 1998/99?

Posted on: 2011/10/18 15:24
West Peterson
1930 Packard Speedster Eight Runabout (boattail)
1940 Packard 1808 w/Factory Air
1947 Chrysler Town and Country sedan
1970 Camaro RS

https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=4307&forum=10

http://aaca.org/
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved