Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
227 user(s) are online (128 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 227

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

(1) 2 »

Just bought a 55 Packard, New to the Forum here.
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Dan A
See User information
Hello All,
I am new to the forum here and have landed here as I on Saturday bought a 1955 Packard Clipper Deluxe.

To say it's in Poor condition would be too kind but I have a good imagination to see what it can be.
It's being delivered tonight and I've cleared a space out in the garage for it.

My experience with older cars is that I owned a 67 Mustang fastback back 15 yrs ago, but sold it when I got married.

I now have 4 year old twin boys and hope that this car will be an activity we can work on together. Now, that's IF this one can stay out of the scrap yard. Frankly I'm not sure exactly what I'll find after I clean it up.

I hope to use this site to learn the finer points of Packards and tips and tricks on how/what to do to fix mine up.

Pictures to come when I get it in.

Thanks and let me know any info you may have that can point me in the right direction!

Dan

Posted on: 2012/6/4 11:57
 Top  Print   

Re: Just bought a 55 Packard, New to the Forum here.
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
Congratulations. Once you get the car home and settled, post some pictures and numbers. Just about all the significant pieces of Packard documentation remaining are posted in the literature section. If some information is missing, undoubtedly someone on the forum can probably tell you just about anything else you want to know.

Posted on: 2012/6/4 12:08
Howard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Randy Berger
See User information
Welcome Dan. Glad to have you on board. A lot of helpful Packard folks here who will try to give you all the tips and pointers for your Clipper.
An Aussie will be along shortly to ask you for a favor.
Humor him as he is a good fellow.
You probably want to drop the oil pan and clean it out and clean the screen on the oil pump before you try to fire it up. This is a good precaution and can let you know how the bottom end looks.

Posted on: 2012/6/4 12:08
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Dan A
See User information
Thanks Guys for your notes. I appreciate the welcome.

Looking around at the forums I suspect that when I do get the project started I'll start up a better forum post under the 'Project' tab to make sure it's in the right spot.

Looking forward to talking more with all of you in this community!

Posted on: 2012/6/4 13:00
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
randy berger wrote:...An Aussie will be along shortly to ask you for a favor. Humor him as he is a good fellow...
G'day Dan,
to PackardInfo. I'm the "guilty as charged" Aussie Randy referred to. How can you humour me? Why, by including your '55 Clipper Deluxe in the Packard Owner's Registry here on PackardInfo! Plenty of knowledgeable, experienced and friendly Packard people here to help with your Packard queries and questions.

Posted on: 2012/6/4 15:50
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
Dangermiller wrote:

Quote:
I hope to use this site to learn the finer points of Packards and tips and tricks on how/what to do to fix mine up.

...and...

Quote:
...let me know any info you may have that can point me in the right direction!

Be sure to familiarize yourself with the site features listed in the Main Menu, which always appear on the left side of the page - lotsa good info there.

However, you might want to, first, look for relevant topics in the FAQ forum - also listed, at left as Answers to Frequently Asked Questions.

Posted on: 2012/6/4 17:14
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Jim L. in OR
See User information
Welcome to Packard!

I joined almost two years ago when I decided to quit messing around and fulfill a childhood dream and get one. That one turned out to be two. I found this group the same time - as matter of fact, it was this group that gave me the incentive to go ahead and take the plunge. More to the point, it was through a member that I found my '55.

This group has helped me beyond measure; not to mention saved money by not making expensive mistakes. Packard had their own way of doing things - and if any group knows how to navigate those way, this is it.

Good luck with your '55 Clipper. One of the best things about these cars I've found is the amazing availability of parts of all kinds and at pretty reasonable cost.

Posted on: 2012/6/4 19:46
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan
1951 200 Deluxe Touring Sedan (parts ?)
1951 Patrician Touring Sedan
1955 Patrician Touring Sedan
 Top  Print   

Quite a regular
Quite a regular

Dan A
See User information
OK, I got it in tonight and got the driver side door open. The Paint code is either 3G or BG.... The B/3 is stamped right up against the T of the word Paint.

According to what I find on this site there is no 3 so I'm going to go with it being BG which would be Tourmaline/Moonstone.

Trim is 13.

Will add it to the registry tomorrow.

Posted on: 2012/6/4 23:49
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Ray17015
See User information
Scrap yard, no way! Anything can be saved...., just look up my project blog. Although I have a family history, I just can't imagine selling this fine automobile for scrap. I WILL have a '55 Clipper, (eventually). But the wife says that mine has to be a little further along, (like done, HA). Enjoy, and on with the pictures!!

Posted on: 2012/6/5 6:54
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Tim Wile
See User information
Let me add my "welcome" to the list. You'll find this forum quite helpful and the people as friendly as you can want. I joined about a year ago when I acquired my '55 Patrician and have relied upon members more times than I can imagine.

I'm looking forward to seeing your '55 Clipper in the owner's registry!

Posted on: 2012/6/5 9:11
PA Patrician (Tim Wile)

[size=x-small][color=000099][font=Georgia][url=https://packardinfo.c
 Top  Print   

(1) 2 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved