Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
209 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 208

Don B, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Back Online
Home away from home
Home away from home

55PackardGuy
See User information
Guscha,

I like the hat, I think it should spend some time in the "random" or "recent" photos section of the main page, with a "See Bottom of Page for Details" caption or some such indicator. To tell the truth, I rarely get that far down the page to see the Donate button!

Posted on: 2011/8/23 15:57
Guy

[b]Not an Expert[/
 Top  Print   

Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

buddyfromvb
See User information
i was trying to donate to the hat.......... this is embarrassing.
i had a little trouble a few minutes ago but came back 5 minutes later and got right in.

Posted on: 2011/8/23 19:14
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

HH56
See User information
The site has been flaky again all day. Either they are working on the server or there are still some issues.

Posted on: 2011/8/23 19:16
Howard
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
In negotiations with another web server provider as we speak. Stay tuned for updates over the next several days.

Posted on: 2011/8/24 10:17
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Contract secured. It will take several days to move all the files around and test everything. This will happen in parallel with the current server. Once I know everything is working I will do a final sync between the old and new server and then start the cut over procedure. During the cut over the site may be down for up to 24hrs will domain name propagation happens.

I'll let you all know more as I am working through the process.

Regards.

Posted on: 2011/8/24 12:51
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
YAY for KEV!!

Posted on: 2011/8/24 13:03
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
BigKev wrote:Contract secured.....
Kev,

This is going to cost! Besides break penalties with the current host/provider, there are upfront set-up and parallel hosting charges (and last but not least active links) with the new host/provider. I'm clicking on the Donate button as soon as I finish this post. It's the least I can do.

BTW - Just in case anyone thinks I've suddenly become computer literate in throwing around the terms above, I haven't! "Borrowed" them from someone else, so I hope they make sense.

Posted on: 2011/8/24 23:17
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Quote:
...It will take several days to move...and test everything. This will happen in parallel...I will...may be down for up to 24hrs...I am working through...

It is more a narration than a quotation but Packardfriends please read the interlined take home message and support BigKev's efforts with a donation to keep running

THE Most Comprehensive Free Online Reference for Packard Owners.

I would particularly like to thank Todd(tfee), Guy(55PackardGuy), buddyfromvb and Mal(Ozstatman) plus silent donators and we take our hats off for more to come.

Click to see original Image in a new window

to pass Guy's hat round

Posted on: 2011/8/25 7:13
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Thank you to everyone for their support. It really helps to offset some of the out of pockets expenses I incur in running the site.

It's funny I often field emails from new folks asking questions about local chapters or memberships, and then I realize they think the website is a product of the one of the national Packard organizations. So I have to let them know that the website runs independently of the clubs, and is supported with unsolicited user donations and my own funds. Then I point them in the right direction to the right club to contact based on geography.

People have asked why I don't run advertising on the website to defer the costs. This is for a variety of reasons. First, I don't want to be beholden to any advertiser or create an instance where there would be a conflict of interest. Second, then are tax issues that could arise from charging for advertising. Lastly, I just don't want to clutter up the site with advertising.

I got about 90% of the content migrated to the new server at this point, and files have been transferring all night. There are a lot of files that make up the website!

I am basically walking away from the remainder of a prepaid yearly contract on the existing server and signed a new one year contract with the new server. So no penalty as they already have their money. And the new server contract was put on the credit card as paying yearly is a discounted rate over a month to month. I'll just hide the credit card statement from the wife when it comes in.

Back to work I go.....

Posted on: 2011/8/25 10:59
-BigKev

Top  Print   

« 1 2 (3)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved