Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
205 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 205

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 19 20 21 (22) 23 24 25 ... 145 »

Re: BigKev's 1937 115-C Convertible Coupe
Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
I'll have to see how the headlights look outside the garage. That's still a bit off.

Posted on: 2022/12/29 17:31
-BigKev

1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Touring Sedan -> Registry | Project Blog

1937 Packard 115-C Convertible Coupe -> Registry | Project Blog
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Completed the entire rewire. With that, I was actually able to start the car and have it run off the fuel pump. The fuel pump is the loudest one I have ever heard. So that will need to get replaced post-haste. The engine runs, but it was carb issues. Even warm, it won't run unless the electric choke stays on. Also, with the slightest blip of the throttle, it wants to run away. So I think the carb is pretty gummed up and needs to be rebuilt. Also, it's currently running on fuel that is probably 2-3 years old but did have a stabilizer put into it when stored. It appears to have nearly a full tank. So that will be fun figuring out where to get rid of 15+ gallons of stale fuel. Anyway, here is a video of it starting and running. It's pretty loud with no air filter on it.

Posted on: 2022/12/29 17:52
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Current inspiration for the Jackard:

Chameleon XLE

Posted on: 2022/12/30 8:19
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
Good one! Ranks right up there with SJL's "A Lexus Christmas to Remember" skit from a few years ago. They did great stuff.

Posted on: 2022/12/30 15:44
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Cli55er
See User information
your lawnmower doesn't care about that old fuel. that's what I did and it ran fine.

as for the headlights...happy to take pics of how mine are put together. I'm using sealed beams with replaceable LED bulbs. stupid bright.

Posted on: 2022/12/30 18:10
1937 Packard 138-CD Deluxe Touring Limousine
Maroon/Black 1090-1021
[url=https://packardinfo.com/xoops/html/modules/registry/View.php?ID=232]1955 Packard
 Top  Print   

Re: BigKev
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
BigKev wrote:.....Also, it's currently running on fuel that is probably 2-3 years old but did have a stabilizer put into it when stored.

It appears to have nearly a full tank. So that will be fun figuring out where to get rid of 15+ gallons of stale fuel.
Kev,

Might not please the environmentalists, but a few years ago had to drain the tank of the 41 Coupe. But what to do with the 10 gallon or so of fuel I now had? Why use it to kill some pesky ground cover in the garden. It worked. 'Cause I never may be able to grow anything in that area again!

Posted on: 2022/12/30 18:39
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Mal, we're very close to a river. So, a ground dump is not an option. Also, the ground is frozen right now.

I may pour the good fuel I just put in the snowblower back into the 5 gal gas can and pump some of the Jackard gas into it. It won't care. The lawnmower is at least 5 months away from being used again.

Posted on: 2022/12/30 20:31
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Webmaster
Webmaster

BigKev
See User information
Only minor work on the car today. The few hours I spend laying on the cold concrete yesterday finishing the wiring did a number on my back. So didn't want to get to far into anything today.

But I did run the cam cover that was loose over a buffing wheel clean it up. Way better than it was. But not a full mirror shine as I once had one kind of compound handy.

Also, I ran the carb air intake over the wheel as well to shine that up a bit.

I need to tear into those SU carbs. The thingy in the middle is called an "Auxilary Starting Carburetor". It is a weird contraption that is used in place of an electric/manual/thermostatic choke. Basically, it feeds more fuel into the carbs when cold and is controlled by an electric solenoid that is then grounded via an "Otter" switch near the thermostat housing. When the motor is cold, the switch is grounded. When the motor warms up, the switch opens and breaks the connection, turning off the solenoid. Those switches are notorious for failing, so usually, people wire that ground connection back to a switch under the dash to control it manually.

Right now, something is funky will all the carb setup as it will only run with that solenoid on regardless if it is warmed up or not. Also, it wants to run away with any accelerator blip. Something is gummed up or leaking somewhere.

Attach file:

jpeg  Polishing Large.jpeg (129.29 KB)
1_63af9380077c6.jpeg 1280X721 px

Posted on: 2022/12/30 20:42
-BigKev

Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Larry Reber
See User information
Kev can you post a couple pictures of the hood support brackets that are in this photo.
Also any other styles that you may have. Looking for ideas for my 37.
Thanks Larry

Attach file:

jpg  37 JAVPAC w open hood.jpg (154.13 KB)
155070_63afdcaf2ccb2.jpg 1920X864 px

Posted on: 2022/12/31 1:54
Larry Reber
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Packard Don
See User information
My dad used to pour the rotten smelly stuff I would give him into fire ant holes then light it.

Posted on: 2022/12/31 3:30
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 19 20 21 (22) 23 24 25 ... 145 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved