Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
87 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 87

more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 ... 25 26 27 (28) 29 30 31 ... 108 »

Re: Recent additions to the Owner Registry
Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
and Jim McDermaid for including his '54 Cavalier Touring Sedan in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2011/12/10 21:12
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
and Cal for including his '25 Eight Sedan Limousine in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Interesting history and see that Cal has a question in the "Other Information" section of his entry, maybe someone can help him? I'll kick things off by saying that the number "On right rear floor = 241-649" may indicate it's a '24 241 Single Eight Sedan Limousine or that part of the car has a connection to one.

Posted on: 2011/12/13 5:19
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Back on 30th October I said "....welcome: and to Dave and Shelley for including their '37 One Twenty Touring Sedan in the Packard Owner's Registry...." and on 5th December this "....news of a '39 Twelve heading to Oz!....I haven't yet asked Dave to add the Twelve to the Packard Owner's Registry, must make sure I do that!...."

Well I didn't need to nudge Dave and Shelley to put the Twelve into the Packard Owner's Registry because they did so today. In fact, it appears they were so keen to do so they actually entered it 3 times! I've deleted two entries and left this one for their '39 Twelve Sedan Limo. And a question to Dave and Shelley, what's the significance of the picture used?

Posted on: 2011/12/18 5:04
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
and packard patrician for including his '54 Patrician Touring Sedan in the Packard Owner's Registry. Great photo featuring the owner, like it!

Posted on: 2011/12/22 13:19
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Sophie
See User information
Hi,

I need some help to add my dad's car to the database. It's a 1938 Packard by Franay. The problem is we can't find the serie in the list. It's a 1602 model coupe chauffeur (which I think is called a town car in English).
Do you have any suggestion ?

Thanks,

Sophie

Posted on: 2011/12/28 13:22
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Sophie, our Australien registrar will help you as soon as possible. Unfortunately it is now 5 o'clock in the morning in his neck of the woods.

Click to see original Image in a new window

Posted on: 2011/12/28 13:34
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:

Ozstatman wrote: and Cal for including his '25 Eight Sedan Limousine in the Packard Owner's Registry....

After some correspondence with Cal I finally realised that he already had his Packard in the Registry! Have updated the original entry, which also includes a pic, and deleted the recent entry.

Posted on: 2011/12/28 17:00
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
Quote:
Sophie wrote:Hi, I need some help to add my dad's car to the database. It's a 1938 Packard by Franay. The problem is we can't find the serie in the list. It's a 1602 model coupe chauffeur (which I think is called a town car in English). Do you have any suggestion?....
Sophie,
for agreeing to register your Dad's '38 Franay. The drop down lists are populated with factory information useful for the vast majority of PackardInfo members but not for those with truly custom bodied Packards. Because of this, not readily solved "defect", I propose a work around by you creating an entry as close as you can to that required then modifying it to suit. Do this by completing the Registry Submission screen with:

YEAR: 1938
SERIES: 16th
MODEL: Use the drop down list here to select a style as close to the one you require

Then complete the remaining fields in as much detail as possible, including a pic please.

After clicking on the Add to Registry button, at the bottom of the submission screen, your entry will be populated in the Register. Then go back into the entry by clicking on the "Make Changes" field at the bottom of the entry and edit the Model information to properly reflect your Dad's Franay. Does your Dad have any paperwork which would help in properly describing the car?

Phew! Should work, but if there are any problems just yell!!! Either by posting in this thread, or by PM, or by email to ozstatman AT SIGN gmail.com.

Quote:
Guscha wrote:Sophie, our Australian Registrar will help you as soon as possible. Unfortunately it is now 5 o'clock in the morning in his neck of the woods....
Gerd,

I was up at 5:00am this morning, saw the post, but had another obligation to attend to, taking my eldest son and his wife to the airport or I would have responded earlier. After all, how much can a Koala bear?

Posted on: 2011/12/28 17:27
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

BH
See User information
If I might add, 1602 is actually the chassis number - an Eight with an extended, 148" wheelbase.

The first two digits of this chassis number represent the 16th Series, which is synonymous with year 1938.

When the Registry Add function asks you for a Model number, this actually refers to the body style number. A chassis could serve as foundation for more than one body style.

If you enter (chassis) 1602 in the "Model/Chassis/Body Lookup" box of the site's Model Info feature and click on the "Go" button, the results page shows two body styles were offer on that chassis - either an 1190 Limo and an 1191 Sedan.

Only one body style, 1669, is listed as a "Town Car". However, it was built on the 1601 chassis - also an Eight, but with a 127" wheelbase.

The body number also appears as the first four digits of the vehicle serial number. I'd suggest checking the serial number on your car, but for 1938, it was stamped on a sticker (rather than a metal plate as used in other years) that was located on the firewall or cowl, and it's my understanding that these stickers didn't survive well. In lieu of that sticker, check other paperwork, as Mal suggests - such as title, regaistration, repair orders.

Hope this helps.

Posted on: 2011/12/28 18:35
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
and eagles6169 for including his '56 Clipper Super Hardtop Coupe in the Packard Owner's Registry.

Posted on: 2012/1/7 3:38
Mal
/o[]o\
====

What's this?
Here's how!
 Top  Print   

« 1 ... 25 26 27 (28) 29 30 31 ... 108 »

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved