Hello and welcome to Packard Motor Car Information! If you're new here, please register for a free account.  
Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
FAQ's
Main Menu
Recent Forum Topics
Who is Online
37 user(s) are online (30 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 34

PackardSanta, Todd W. White, Craig the Clipper Man, more...
Helping out...
PackardInfo is a free resource for Packard Owners that is completely supported by user donations. If you can help out, that would be great!

Donate via PayPal
Video Content
Visit PackardInfo.com YouTube Playlist

Donate via PayPal

« 1 (2)

Re: Identity of packard project ?
Home away from home
Home away from home

Don 37
See User information
Is there any evidence of wood from in the doors? Also any wood in the seat frame? Also is there a divider sliding not roll up window? I am thinking from the way the door lower skin is missing is it was done in two sections like some Henney Packards were made. I once had a 38 1601 Henney and currently have a very rough 37 Henney with doors like the ones in the picture. Also in the front behind the seat there is a sliding divider with the evidence of leather door panels and seat. I am thinking the wood is gone on your car if it is/was a Henney, which the lower door skin would fall away. My 37 has a 158 inch wheelbase and the 38 I had what I remember as a 165 inch wheelbase.

Posted on: 2013/4/16 17:20
1936 and 1937 120's Are what we like best. But we also like all other Packards too.

Don 37'
 Top  Print   

Just popping in
Just popping in

Grigsby
See User information
Hi folks,

Yes one day this parts car will be a complete packard with a miracle or two along the way.

The divider is of wind up window type and built into a wooden frame forming the dividing panel between front and rear passengers.The front doors are dark leather lined whilst the rear was some type of red fabric. With a decorative 1" cord to aid access to the back of the car hung from above the dividing window.

Last night I concluded this car is either a 38 touring limo or a touring sedan
Can anyone tell me where I might find an image of either in the deluxe form?

Thanks

Garry

Posted on: 2013/4/17 16:32
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Charles
See User information
Are you intending to restore to original or convert it to a truck or wood body or some other modification?

Posted on: 2013/4/17 17:15
[url=h
 Top  Print   

Forum Ambassador
Forum Ambassador

Ozstatman
See User information
"..Last night I concluded this car is either a 38 touring limo or a touring sedan
Can anyone tell me where I might find an image of either in the deluxe form
?.."

Model Info Section has an exterior pic of a 1601-D Eight Deluxe 4 Door Touring Sedan here.

You can also try looking through the Packard Photo Archive for 1938 here, only 182 pic's, never know your luck.

Posted on: 2013/4/17 17:22
Mal
/o[]o\
====

Bowral, Southern Highlands of NSW, Australia
"Out of chaos comes order" - Nietzsche.

1938 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

1941 One-Twenty Club Coupe - SOLD

1948 Super Eight Limo, chassis RHD - SOLD

1950 Eight Touring Sedan - SOLD

What's this?
Put your Packard in the Packard Vehicle Registry!
Here's how!
Any questions - PM or email me at ozstatman@gmail.com
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDeB
See User information
Quote:

Grigsby wrote:
Hi folks,

Yes one day this parts car will be a complete packard with a miracle or two along the way.

The divider is of wind up window type and built into a wooden frame forming the dividing panel between front and rear passengers.The front doors are dark leather lined whilst the rear was some type of red fabric. With a decorative 1" cord to aid access to the back of the car hung from above the dividing window.

Last night I concluded this car is either a 38 touring limo or a touring sedan
Can anyone tell me where I might find an image of either in the deluxe form?

Thanks

Garry

Red fabric was commonly used for the interior of hearses so there is a possibilty that this car was a hearse at one time, perhaps modified from a touring limo.

Posted on: 2013/4/17 17:33
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Joe Santana
See User information
I wouldn't be surprised to see black leather used for the chauffeur's compartment.

Posted on: 2013/4/17 18:08
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

JWL
See User information
I echo Flackmaster's comments - This is a parts car not a project. And, April 1st has long since passed. Don't walk, run and run away fast from this one. There is nothing there.

(o{}o)

Still, welcome to the site. Many, many knowledgeable folks here to help you with your project.

Posted on: 2013/4/17 21:16
We move toward
And make happen
What occupies our mind... (W. Scherer)
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

tfee
See User information
This is a joke right? No sane person would try and fix that car. It barely qualifies as a parts car seeing that most of it's parts have been removed or rusted away.

Maybe it was once owned by Al Capone.......

Posted on: 2013/4/23 15:41
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

Guscha
See User information
Garry (Grigsby), welcome to PackardInfo.com.
Engage yourself in a parts car or tinker with one battered part, it doesn't matter. We look forward to welcoming you aboard as often as possible.

[picture source: ebay]

Attach file:

jpg  (15.97 KB)
757_5176fdf94164a.jpg 400X338 px

Posted on: 2013/4/23 16:30
The story of ZIS-110, ZIS-115, ZIL-111 & Chaika GAZ-13 on www.guscha.de
 Top  Print   

Home away from home
Home away from home

BDC
See User information
You probably need 2-3 more of the same vehicles to make 1, but thats just my humble

Posted on: 2013/4/23 18:33
 Top  Print   

« 1 (2)

Search
Recent Photos
Photo of the Day
Recent Registry
Website Comments or Questions?? Click Here Copyright 2006-2024, PackardInfo.com All Rights Reserved